LandInvestors.com Forums +Resources for Success+ WordPress Website Tutorial

• Creator
    Topic

Neil H
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I recently ran across the following YouTube tutorial which allowed me to bang out a professional looking website fairly quickly (over a few days). If creating a website has become a pain point for you, consider following the steps outlined in this video:

The instructor uses WordPress and the theme OceanWP along with Elementor page builder (all free). The only costs are your domain name and site hosting. For that, the instructor provides a discount code for HostGator and shows you step-by-step how to set it all up.

The video is 90 minutes long. Obviously, you will need to stop the video repeatedly as you work on building your own site.

Here’s the site I created: http://www.landcorral.com

I hope this helps somebody new to all of this.

Best,

Neil

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Milan
    Participant

Your website looks great Neil. Did you end up purchasing premium theme with it or you’re using oceanWP theme?

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks, Milan. I’m just using OceanWP. I had originally purchased a different theme (Residence), but I found dealing with the template and page builder too daunting and confusing. As a result, I was about to hire somebody to create the site but that’s when I found the tutorial and decided to start from scratch with OceanWP. Elementor is fairly easy to work with and the video really steps you through the process.

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Great tutorial Neil. Thanks for sharing!

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant
    Pro

@neilhohmann thanks for sharing and clean looking website you have.

Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

Can can you add a payment gateway to oceanwp for cash pmts? Thanks

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

@rodhall98: As far as payment plugins, it appears Heartland Payment Systems are integrated into a number of plugins, including Shopify and WooCommerce (which are all supported on WordPress). https://www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com/e-commerce

OceanWp is just a WordPress (WP) theme, so any WP plugin should work on any WP theme (with few exceptions, I imagine). That all said, others on this forum who have ‘Buy Now’ buttons on their websites are better equipped to answer your question.

Logan Jordan
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Neil,

I found your post super helpful and followed the video very closely when creating my own website!

I noticed in some older posts that you were living aboard and from your profile it appears that is still the case. I will reply to that other forum with some questions I was hoping you can answer relating to living aboard as I’m finding some of the same struggles getting things started while living in Singapore.

Sincerely,
    Logan Jordan

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

If you’re up for, share your website URL so others can see how relatively easy it is to design a decent land buying/selling website.

Logan Jordan
    Participant
    Pro

I’ll share it after this weekend.. as I plan to make a few improvements and updates. I want to update my contacts as I’ve got a mailing address and hopefully soon the phone. I also need to make it secure by adding SSL and backup it up. Did you use Host Gator? Did you add backup under Host Gator or elsewhere?

I don’t recall Tyler Moore’s tutorial showing backup… then again, I haven’t watched the last 15 mins.

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

I’m using HostGator and (according to their site) they provide a free “courtesy” backup once a week on a random day. So while that’s not the best way to back up your site with confidence, I’m not too concerned about at the moment until the business grows larger.

Logan Jordan
    Participant
    Pro

Hello Land Academy,

http://www.landperfection.com

I wanted to share the website I created over Christmas break and recently updated with my US phone number and mailing address, SSL certificate and backed up. I used the WordPress Tutorial that Neil H suggested in this post and found it very helpful along with these videos on SSL and backup:

I know it still requires more in the Q&A and actually listing properties (only have one JV at the moment), but instead of waiting for great… I thougth I’d share my opinion of “Good”. I’ll ad testimonials as they become available. Please let me know your thoughts, areas for improvement, etc.

Sincerely,
    Logan Jordan
    http://www.landperfection.com
    Salvation Properties LLC

Greg Bennett
    Participant
    Pro

Tyler Moore has an updated tutorial you can find on YouTube titled WordPress 2019. It is a little easier to follow since the interface is exactly what you see now.

Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

Thank you, Greg, for the update. Here’s the YouTube link for the 2019 tutorial:

Edgar
    Participant

Great resource thanks for sharing! I am looking to build my buyers site and this was great info.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.