You are here:--WordPress Website Tutorial
WordPress Website Tutorial2018-09-17T07:47:14+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums +Resources for Success+ WordPress Website Tutorial

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I recently ran across the following YouTube tutorial which allowed me to bang out a professional looking website fairly quickly (over a few days). If creating a website has become a pain point for you, consider following the steps outlined in this video:

The instructor uses WordPress and the theme OceanWP along with Elementor page builder (all free). The only costs are your domain name and site hosting. For that, the instructor provides a discount code for HostGator and shows you step-by-step how to set it all up.

The video is 90 minutes long. Obviously, you will need to stop the video repeatedly as you work on building your own site.

Here’s the site I created: http://www.landcorral.com

I hope this helps somebody new to all of this.

Best,

Neil

Milan
    Participant

Your website looks great Neil. Did you end up purchasing premium theme with it or you’re using oceanWP theme?

Neil H
    Participant

Thanks, Milan. I’m just using OceanWP. I had originally purchased a different theme (Residence), but I found dealing with the template and page builder too daunting and confusing. As a result, I was about to hire somebody to create the site but that’s when I found the tutorial and decided to start from scratch with OceanWP. Elementor is fairly easy to work with and the video really steps you through the process.

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant

Great tutorial Neil. Thanks for sharing!

Darald Berger (@AggieLand)
    Participant

@neilhohmann thanks for sharing and clean looking website you have.

Rod Hall
    Participant

Can can you add a payment gateway to oceanwp for cash pmts? Thanks

Neil H
    Participant

@rodhall98: As far as payment plugins, it appears Heartland Payment Systems are integrated into a number of plugins, including Shopify and WooCommerce (which are all supported on WordPress). https://www.heartlandpaymentsystems.com/e-commerce

OceanWp is just a WordPress (WP) theme, so any WP plugin should work on any WP theme (with few exceptions, I imagine). That all said, others on this forum who have ‘Buy Now’ buttons on their websites are better equipped to answer your question.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.