LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ What are your recent success stories?

• Creator
    Topic
    Christian
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to see what success you all have been having lately? Feel free to share any stories you have.

Last month I sold about 25k worth of property for a net cash profit of about 13k. This includes three properties with a handful of small assignment fees. Until last month I hadn’t come close to these kinds of numbers so I was pretty happy. I wont hit that number this month but that has allowed me to step back and take a look at why I am not hitting it. What I found was that I need to focus more on what makes the most money. Shocking what I found… I need to focus on consistent mailers and acquisitions of property in higher demand areas. There are some other things I realized with this as well but I will leave them for another time.

My other success is that about two months ago I started using a VA company that has taken a lot off my plate for a good price. I have so much more time now to focus on the bigger picture which is awesome. Another shocking revelation… I definitely waited too long to start using a VA.

These aren’t necessarily big wins by any means but they sure allowed me to see that I am headed in the right direction.

So, what are some of your successes?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Milan
    Participant

Great stuff Christian! Thank you for sharing your success. I took a little brake. But I am getting ready to push my comfort zone much much further soon.

Herbert Graham
    Participant
    Pro

Christian –

Hey Christian, how do you determine if a county has high demand or not?

Besides having low Days On Market of course, what else helps you determine if a market has a high demand for properties in that area?

Thanks!

Coet Land
    Herbert@coetland.com

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Christian thanks for sharing. Demand drives price right. Stuff sells for higher price it should be a lot easier to cut price to find demand than talking people into moving across the country to the desert to buy the land. It works but demand is key. I’m trying to do the same thing.

My favorite deal is about to close. 14K buy 90K sell. Paid 3K in critical areas survey and $600 soils test to pull it off as part of the closing.

My favorite new buy has a 9.9 mil house on one side that traded Feb 2019 and a 3.3 mil house on the other side that traded March 2019. 137K purchase price on the land. Cheapest land trade in the area ~ 890K. I’m sure something goes wrong but I have my hopes set on getting it and have others like it in the pipeline as well to back it up.

Been trying to migrate into realtor type land. Pipeline is full of deals. More mail is key.

Herbert Graham
    Participant
    Pro

Luke

How do you determine if a county has high demand or not?

Besides having low Days On Market of course, what else helps you determine if a market has a high demand for properties in that area?

Thanks!

Coet Land
    Herbert@coetland.com

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.