LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Trying to get started

• Creator
    Topic

Brandon Wong
    Participant

Hey All,
    I am more than ready to become a member and get things rolling, but I need to save up for the membership and training program. I’ve listened to all of the podcast while driving around at work, and have now even started to listen to Seth at RE Tipster, since you guys have said that he is another good person to listen to. So, because I can only listen to the podcast while working, I have not been able to take notes and then I end up not being able to find the podcast or specific thing I am looking for to write it down. I know it’s asking a lot, but I was hoping that some of the blanks could be answered for me to help me hit the ground running when I am able to start. Thank you in advance, this place will probably be my only support until I make some money, I told my family about doing this when I was listening to the land geek and they thought I was crazy and it stupid. Glad I found you guys when researching landgeek legitimacy, because right off the bat this strategy makes more sense, but now I can’t tell them about this because the crazy foundation has already been set. So the faster I can get this churning out money the faster I don’t have to be working in secret.
    I am also in Hawaii, is there anybody else that is apart of this community that does to from Hawaii and how would the time difference work in terms of selling and buying properties?

What times of the day to people typically call you and want to be called? (What time zone are you in)

Since a good first mailing would be 1500, approximately how much will that cost me?

In that first mailing I remember someone saying that they did 500 to 3 different counties and thought that was a good idea. Are there any counties that I should stay away from on my first mailing? I don’t care about having to deal with difficult counties but maybe not on my first couple of mailing.

Should I stick to interactive GIS map only counties for now?

The biggest one, what formulas or functions do I need to learn in Excel? I haven’t used any complicated function in excel since college, and I know if I’m pointed in the right direction, youtube or myself will figure it out.

That being said would anybody be willing to send me old data so that I can use that to make sure that I am manipulating the data correctly? I know big ask

I know Jill and Steve said to just pay taxes in your state, but has anybody run into trouble because I do not want to setup llc in each damn state.

Any Free crm that I can use for now, and a good crm for when I can pay for it

If I forgot any of the basics please let me know.
    Thank you,
    Brandon

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Brandon – Glad that you are getting good information from those podcasts. Most of your questions will be answered with the training package. After that you can narrow your list of questions/needs down to one or two at a time. For starters, don’t worry about being in HI. In fact, you should start out flipping some land on the big island. There is enough there that you could probably work in that area for years. Use an answering service and you won’t have to worry about missed calls while you sleep. When you are ready to get started you can do some partner deals to learn the ropes while starting out. PM Sent. Good luck.

Kevin

Brandon Wong
    Participant

Okay thanks, but what functions or formulas for excel. That i rather know when starting the training? And as for Big island, how well do those move a bunch of the properties on landpin were near the last volcano and lava flow.

Steve Foster
    Participant
    Pro

There’s a lot of data manipulation in Excel during the scrubbing process but I (and I think a lot of people) get by with just a price per acre multiplier * # of ACRES for your offer price and possibly using the Average formula when determining the price per acre from comparable listings on multiple land sales websites.

Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

All you really need to know how to do are (like someone said above) Sort A to Z, Average formula, sum formula, add/deleting columns, how to get cell values to increase by 1 each row by clicking on the cell (I don’t know what it’s technically called), and price/acre multiplying. All of that should be readily available on YouTube and Google.

But from a theory standpoint, you want to become comfortable manipulating large amounts of data with minimal effort. There are lots of ways to accomplish the necessary functions in Excel, but some of them take 10x as long than if you knew the “shortcuts”. Those usually come with experience and trial/error.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Brandon – within 1/4 mile of the shore move pretty well. There are several LA members who have done a lot of these deals. See videos by Luke Smith on YouTube.

Kevin

Palani Wright
    Participant

Brandon,
    Don’t over think it, if you follow the steps in the video you’ll do just fine.

When people close to you tell you your nut’s, they won’t say that after your first profitable campaign!

As for excel…Deleting rows, sort A to Z , sort by value, copy & paste is really all you need but anything other than that is a youtube video away.

Yes you will get calls at all times of the day being in Hawaii, if you have Pat Live Service you don’t need to worry bout that but if not…try to answer as many as you can…keep in mind that 1 call could be worth thousands & if that person hears a VM they may hang up & be gone forever.

The only thing I can say is…if your hesitant to move forward, go for smaller dollar amounts first to get your feet when than move up in offer price once you feel comfortable.

Aloha
    Palani

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.