• Creator
    Topic
    Luke Smith

Luke Smith
    Saw this looking through today’s sales. This must be the first time I actually got a sale from Landsofamerica.com. it must be a mistake. Do you guys get many sales off of landsofamerica.com?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rodney POWELL
    Participant

… all the time. Been using LOA for years. I scaled-back recently because they tripled advertising rates. Still, good for your best properties — the listings get syndicated to a bunch of other sites … Land And Farm, etc.

Shammgod
    Participant

Do you guys get many sales off of landsofamerica.com?

0 from there so far for me

Luke Smith

I get lots of sales off of landandfarm.com just not landsofamerica.com I think they are more Texas focused audience.

Kevin Farrell

I think there are distinct audiences for each land advertising site. I am working in a county in WA for the first time. Got 4 good leads and one sale from Lands of America. Never had that before. Is it the location? Is it the price range? Is it the property type? I don’t know but I will keep using them.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Luke Smith

@Kevin I think you are right.

Land Watch prices advertising based on traffic. I would think they would price it on demand like most online advertising is priced. They were saying in some cases is cheaper to buy featured ad slots at the state level over the regional level. Some parts of some states are much more searched for than others. I don’t like the Broad advertising so much but still something to think about.

I’m guessing that changes by search term and area site by site so it’s going to be hard to figure out.

Kevin Farrell

Luke – I think it would take some careful testing to figure out the demographic of each advertising site. I am not going to try to figure it out. I have an advertising budget that includes all the usual land for sale sites and I will keep posting them there. I guess if you were dealing in one or two counties long term you would know where most of the leads are coming from and could focus advertising on those sites.

When I signed up for Land and Farm I found out that the overlap of shoppers for the two sites Land and Farm & Lands of America is about 4%. That tells me that different people are looking in different places for land and they don’t really go back and forth. I bet that applies to CL and others. Once a person is accustomed to the look and feel of a certain site, they stick with it.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.