• Creator
    Topic

Aaron
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I am on step 3 (trying to identify counties) On taxsalelists in the state of Michigan there have been a small amount of tax sales in the past year and they were all in more populated counties…but if I do a landwatch search for counties that are more rural I can find 100 or more properties for sale in these counties at prices that seem workable for me starting out

Another example is the whole state of Montana shows zero tax sale info for the past 5 years…I know there is a reason for this but I dont know what it is

I have been looking on landwatch at different states and counties so I can get a feel for prices and supply of land for sale in different areas

I guess I am having trouble understanding how to use the taxsalelist data…the only state that jumps out at me from the taxsalelist data is Arizona because of the sheer number of sales

Any input is appreciated

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Ariel Muller
    Participant

Hey, @aaron is this the delinquent tax list Seth Williams talks about?

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

Re-watched the dvd last night and I better understand how to use the taxsalelist info…still wondering why a state like Montana shows no information if anyone knows this answer

@Ariel Muller I am not sure if it is the same one that Seth talks about.

Joel P
    Participant

Hi Aaron,

I’ve been having this problem too.

Wisconsin shows nothing for the past 2 years, Michigan nothing for the past year, but Arizona is chalk full so I know it’s not my settings or something I’m doing incorrectly.

My best guess is that their data collecting is well behind.

Any other proxies for tax sales or taxsalelist.com? Call around to 10 or so nearby counties? Suggestions are much appreciated!

Btw, I am looking at an area of northern Wisconsin (price county) Steve generally mentioned as being good but mailing without step two makes me a little uneasy.

Thanks so much for any ideas!!!

Joel

@admin
    @astewartconst

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

@joelp

I found this post that relates to what we are talking about

https://successplant.com/forums/topic/land-in-texas/#post-1660

Joel P
    Participant

Thanks for sending the link Aaron!

After reading that, it sounds like he is saying due to that West Texas specifically is a good area in his experience regardless of having no data on taxsalelists.com.

I guess i would have to get a specific answer on northern Wisconsin given Steves experience.

Thanks!

Joel

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

@joelp I am having the same concern regarding Michigan land but just pushing on…At this point I am over analyzing things.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.