LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Solving the problem of transfering the money when self closing the transaction

• Creator
    Topic
    john
    Participant

I am relatively new in the businesses ( a year ) having closed several deals only.
    None exceeding 10 K and all of them self closed.
    Not once I was able to find a notary public willing to accept my cashiers check and hand it to the seller while notarizing the deed. Each time I had improvise and on a couple occasions I have just sent my check to the seller before receiving a deed.
    I cringe at the thought of using escrow and not only for paying an outrageous amount of money for such a minimal work but waiting for weeks what can be done in a matter of days. Nonetheless if reasonably priced I would happily employ them since self closing without much experience ( and if in the different states) could be frustrating- putting it mildly. On one occasion my documents have been returned and the recording delayed 2 months because I have overpaid the fees for $ 2.
    I will definitely use them in much higher priced deals but for now I would be happy to hear your suggestions and experiences.
    Good luck to all
    John

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell

John – Never heard of a traveling notary who would not deliver the check when getting the deed signed/notarized by the seller. I have done over 100 self close deals like this. Never had this happen. Do you use 123notary.com?

And, yes, I recommend that you only use title companies for deals that you buy for $7000 or more. And, yes, it takes a lot more time.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

john
    Participant

Thanks Kevin.
    I have searched for them by a zip code and as an example- my last two sellers have resided in remote areas, one New York state and the other one Idaho. Good to know my experience is an exception. Hopefully I will have more luck next time

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.