LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Should I do this deal?

• Creator
    Topic

bwaldon4
    Participant

I got a signed offer returned for 10 acres in Elko, NV for $1,000. No back taxes but:

1. While the property has easement, the dirt roads have eroded away. So there are no visible roads to the property.

2. There is a non-functional trailer on the property.

What do you guys think? Selling comps are around 300-400 per acre but larger properties (40+ acres) with clear dirt road access.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

I don’t know that market well, but that price sounds good. I am not concerned about 1 or 2. Just describe both issues accurately in your ads and you will find a buyer who doesn’t care.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

Daniel Browne
    Participant
    Pro

Heck of a business when we question buying 10 acres for 1000 bucks. Damn boys this stuff is fun.

Joe Schmitt
    Participant
    Pro

I’ve done a fair amount of work in Elko. Depending on where it is, and your patience, I would do it. If it’s closer to Elko town proper, scoop it up. If it’s out toward Montello or the Gamble District, it’s still an OK deal, but plan to sit on it for a while. PM me if you want.

joe@hyhproperties.com

Milan
    Participant

I agree with Joe here. Land in Elko is very cheap and very available. Luke was selling these for $1999. I sold 3 X 40 acre lands for $8000. It took a while to sell them.

bwaldon4
    Participant

Thanks guys!!!!!!

I think I’m going to do it. πŸ™‚

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.