LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Screenshots of Access Examples

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Ben H
    Participant

@stevenbutala,

Enjoyed today’s Ambition Call but, unfortuantely, I had to listen in my car on the way home from my day job. I was wondering if you’d mind posting some screenshots of the ‘good’ and ‘bad’ examples of access you walked through today for those of us that can’t access through join.me?

Thank you,

Ben

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@bhughes

I one up that one. The only way I could figure to listen was to put the kids in the car with their tablets and just drive around and hope not to loose signal.

I can’t fix my name or post comments or chime in. The Join.me app just spins the reconnecting wheel on my phone the whole time.

Wanted to say today’s mail was pretty cool as I got 6 new deeds all from different sellers back in the same day. Sent them up for recording too!

New deals keep coming in too!

It is getting hard to keep track of them all. Glad to delegate to technology but don’t ask me how many, I might have to run a report.

Ben H
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith,

I’ve been on the last few calls but never tried join.me as I’m always on the road that time of day. It’s a challenge from the car because I have to turn the volume all the way up to hear Steve/Jill. However, when someone else chimes in, like Kevin today, it almost ruputres my eardrums. My wife was listening remotely today too and had the same issues. Still worth it – good information.

Great to hear about the continued success with your mailings – definitely motivational. Just one minor hiccup on our first mailing (my issue not letterprinting.net), so I hope to have the PDF proofs tomorrow then push the button. I pulled the data from AgentPro247, so we’ll see how that goes – Steve didn’t sound so hot on AgentPro today but I’d already decided to not engage CoreLogic until the deal is complete. Sounds like we might have another data alternative shortly so all the better.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@bhughes
    @kevinrhatigan

I hear you on the volume. My phone gets Kevin loud and clear but Steve and Jill need to turn up the volume on their mic. I can hear them but hardly.

It is hard to get a technology solution good for everybody. Join.me sounds like a good concept.

With this forum I can log into on my phone when I have time. Can check in at the park while the kids are playing. At night while the kids are sleeping. You get the idea. It is also search able. It archives for later reference. It is easier to share pictures and or links too.

The forum is more conducive to a free spirit type that abhors the regular 9-5 office settings and times to be somewhere or check in. It seems to me that kind of person is much more willing to try this program than the one that has sold themselves on job safety and always has an excuse not to go out on their own.

On your mailing I bet you are glad letterprinting.net sent you a proof first.

What kind of reply by date did you put in there?

Not that it matters much but people seem to be getting my letters two weeks after my cut off even though I put it 30 days out beyond when I was creating it. It is still amazing how much time it takes to get out there. Nice as it spreads the calls out though.

Ben H
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith

I put a reply date of January 16th – at the time I thought letters would be in the mail yesterday but now it looks like next Monday. Letterprinting.net noticed a problem with my signature on the letter – got it fixed today late so I should have proofs on Monday which I can hopefully approve/send. If it takes a week or two for delivery they’ll still have a couple of weeks before the reply date.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@bhughes

It is hard to figure out the dates. If you are getting proofs out of letterprinting.net on Monday and you sign them on Monday they will probably get back to you on Friday afternoon saying it was sent out. That has been my experience anyway. 7 or 8 days after that people in LA start getting your mail and it spreads out from there. Christmas and new years as well as Christmas cards are in the mail then too so who knows. You might get your first calls after Christmas and just before New Years. January 16th should work pretty well for most of the letters.

Ben H
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith

As you outlined above, I did accept the proofs on Monday and the letters went out Friday (18th) afternoon. I added my name/address to the data file so I can track when the letter arrives in Texas and will assume the rest will be hitting by NM county around the same time. Next time I’ll be more planful on the data pull to mail date to receive data timing to work out a better date on the letter. I’d planned to give people roughly a month to respond when I started,

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Are you getting responses yet?

Ben H
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith

Thanks for asking – I’ve had exactly (1) so far which, strangely enough, came in the mail. The individual mailed me back my cover letter and wrote on the bottom “Thank you for your offer, but it is way too low”. The mailer went out on 12/18, I’d added my own address to the mail merge and I received “my letter” on 12/28 and then received the ‘thank you’ letter from the prospect on 12/30. No phone calls, no emails, no hits on my website, and no faxes. I would have thought that at least one person would have called to yell about the low-ball price by now.

I just read in one of your more recent posts that you did your AgentPro pull and I did the same yesterday before the month ended. I spent several hours going over numerous counties and finally pulled (1) county in California (because the data looked current), and (2) smaller pulls in Texas counties because I know the area a little better. Thinking my mailer last month in New Mexico was off old data and I probably offered too little.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@bhughes

Sounds like your time of the year is just wrong and it will take longer. Would guess that this first week of the new year people would get into their mail. They just have too much other stuff going on right now.

Ben H
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith

You were certainly correct about the holiday impact. I only had the one response via mail prior to the New Year. Received (5) calls Monday and another (3) today from my (583) piece mailer – (2) had no interest in selling and (4) were angry with price and still playing phone tag with the other (2). The most interesting learning so far has been this. I decided up front that I was going to return every phone call even if they were ‘angry’ (I was an insurance claims adjuster in a former life so I have a thick skin). Anyway, one of the ‘angry’ callers said my offer was way way too low – I asked what he thought was fair and he named a price of $1,800. I had offered him $750 but it’s for 10 AC – it will probably still be a great deal @ $1,800 so I’m in the process of researching now. Plus, he said he has another 4 AC in an adjacent county he’d be willing to sell. Another guy left a vm today saying my offer was a slap in the face but then left his cell # and mentioned he had another 10 AC property he’d like to sell but not at my low price.

I have my fingers crossed but glad I did decide to call everyone back even if they sounded upset. Just sent my 2nd set of data to letterprinting.net and didn’t low ball as much this time around.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Can’t wait to hear the outcome of that first letter in the long run. The second letter might hit at the same time as the first one starts to sink in.

I call most everyone back too. It seems that if I get them on the phone there is at least a story and sometimes even a deal.

Was backpacking around India when my first child was conceived. My wife likes weird cloths and I like spices so we really got into haggling. None of these calls are anything close to India’s open air markets.

Maybe you should offer the $1,800 an option, what do you have to loose?

Ben H
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith,

2 more calls today and an email. Both callers were angry and the 1st one said “Do not call me back!” so I’ll let that one go. The 2nd was an adult daughter angry that I might be running a scam…45 minutes later she’s telling me about a 2nd property in Arkansas they want to unload. She’s checking to see who’s name is on the deeds (AgentPro doesn’t have the docs., – I called and they said they’re data only goes back to 1993 in that county in New Mexico – I don’t have the AR information from the seller yet). I have 4 potential sellers I’m actively working now with a total of 7 properties. Really pleased with the response rate at this point – now it’s about the conversion rate…. Plus, I got the proofs on my 2nd mailer back today so it should be in the mail mid next week.

Agree with you on the haggling piece – all 4 of my active potential sellers were initially “angry” or “annoyed”.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.