LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Power lines on property good or bad?

• Creator
    Topic

mike dugan
    Participant

I have an opportunity to purchase 5 acre parcel in colorado that shows power lines going across back of property. I know in general having electric nearby is good, but does anyone have experience on what having power lines running across part of property/having electrical tower nearby does? More desirable, or less? thanks mike

click here to see image of parcel with power line

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • S. Jack Butala
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Mike, the power lines should not affect your sales. When properties have slight issues like this one, we sell them for cash instead of terms.

Love the image and love the road frontage. Great Great work, man.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

There is a big power line like that near my friends house. He gets 2.5K a year credit towards fire prevention. He cuts the bush back and takes pictures. He charges $20 an hour and the power line co pays him. He also replaced his deck with fake wood. He replaced a couple windows each year and they paid for that. His neighbors got the same deal. Now they sell out and advertise that power line as a benefit when selling.

Maybe see if there is any benefit there too?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Bought a property next to a major power line. Will live and learn right. Got it pretty cheap so lets see where it goes on ebay. $1 no reserve and I’ll pay all the fees.

Ebay auction testing power line property sales

@mdugan – did you buy your power line property? If so did it sell?

mike dugan
    Participant

Hey Luke

I did not buy that one – forget there was some other issue…

Mike

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.