LandInvestors.com Forums +Resources for Success+ Phone Answer Service: CallMe

• Creator
    Topic

Daniel Bear
    Participant

I have just started using the phone answering service “CallMe”. Please see the website above for the services they provide. I am just curious to know if anyone else has experience using this system in their business. If so, could you share your insights here.

Once I have more time with this company I will be sure to follow up with my evaluation at that time.

Kind Regards,

Daniel Bear

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Neil H
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Daniel,

Your post was difficult to read because of the attached graphic — so I originally thought you had started the call-service business yourself.

Since that’s not the case, do you happen to know where their agents are located? Outside of the U.S.? If so, have you noticed strong accents that may interfere with communication?

Neil

Layne Tapper
    Participant
    Pro

Does CallMe provide you with a new telephone number that they answer on your behalf?

Daniel Bear
    Participant
    Pro

In my personal opinion, CallMe seems to still be in the startup stages and will improve on them with time. They answer calls on the weekdays, not the weekends as of now. This is a group based in the Philippines that has a lot of experience working with Land Investors. I use them for other services and have been happy with them there. At this time I have a lot of mail going out so I need to be 100% positive that my phone lines are being answered in the best ways possible. Currently, I am in the transition of setting up PatLive. Yes, PatLive is more expensive but they are U.S. based and answer calls 24/7.

Edgar
    Participant

I wouldn’t use any answering service until you have proven a profit on this business. We get to many times caught up on using the “shiny object” for automizing the business, that we tent to forget to make it profitable first.

That being said. Answer the calls yourself, and at worst call them back during your lunch, evening times. Once you have developed a proven system, pass it on to your employee.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

I have to disagree with the above post. I work noon – 10 pm and can’t bring my phone in to work, so answering calls during the day or calling them back at night isn’t an option. I tried it for my first mailer, even told people what hours to call or leave a message, most don’t leave a message at all. I’d lost sleep because I was anxious about what calls I’d have the next day, and having my personal phone blow up with calls and vms just wasn’t comfortable. I’ll be using a call center from here on out. Obviously everyone’s different, just my 2 cents.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Marcus – I started out answering my dedicated cell phone while I was running a Pest Control company here in Indianapolis. Talk about stressed out! When I got a phone answering service it changed my land business. I looked at several – Pat Live, MoneyPenny, Answer Connect. At that time I chose Answer Connect but I believe they are very similar to Pat Live. They provided a toll free number that can be ported to another service if I quit using Answer Connect. They answer the phone 24/7. All call notes are automatically sent to a gmail account where I can review them.

Do everything else yourself, but get this service immediately. If you can not answer your phone, you will hold back on sending the mail and it will keep your business from growing. Also, I would never use any phone service that was not US based. People are easily put off by foreign accents on the phone, especially the elderly. The other obvious plus to the answering service is that you don’t have to take all the nasty calls and hangups.

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

I agree Kevin. Why did you go with Answer Connect instead of Pat Live?

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Not sure but if I did it today I would go with Pat Live and get the LA discount.

Edgar
    Participant

If I were to use an answering service just invest in training an ISA or Inside Sales Associate. Train them to get inbound, outbound lead calling, and lead nurturing. Plus calling on providing the cash offers, and getting the lead from inbound to under contract.

I have a VA (Virtual Assistant) that does just this. Plus, we have used Patlive in the past and the problem with them was that at times they didn’t take the calls live, and will bill you for this. Plus, there note taking only takes them as far as getting callers initial info (i.e) name, number. They don’t ask the probing questions, call back with cash offers, or worst not focus on Follow-Ups!

Just my opinion if it means anything.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.