• Creator
    Topic

Jordan M
    Participant

Greetings!!

My name is Jordan and I am in Texas. I want to learn more about wholesaling land as an additional revenue stream to fund our other real estate ventures. Currently I build residential and multifamily properties, own single family, duplexes, multifamily and commercial buildings. I also have experience syndication real estate partnerships. I think this could be a good resource to more money. What should I read to get started?

Glad to be here!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

Jordan, This is a system, a business model. I recommend you go thru Jack’s training. The concept is very important. All the rest of this business you just have to learn along the way. My best to you and welcome.

Jordan M
    Participant

Thanks Rod. I am considering. I just wanted to ask what is a realistic expectation for the amount of deals I could complete in a year. I’m taking into consideration doing the training and giving 10-15 hours per week every week. I know this isn’t a get rich quick and that you have to actually work, I just am trying to figure out what’s feasible.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Jordan – I started about 15 months ago. My biggest limiting factor was cash. I only started with $15,000. I started with desert properties at $100 per acre. I did about 20 of those deals. Then I moved up to slightly better desert areas for $200 per acre. Since then I have been working my way up the food chain to resort and recreational areas plus some infill lots in nicer areas for about $20,000 per acre. Along the way I ran into many other bottlenecks that had to be addressed. These will be familiar to you since you have a RE business background.

I have observed that the members here who start out very strong with bigger deals and higher profits usually have a RE background under their belt.

In short, I have at least doubled my money on every land deal. You can count on that because it is in your control. You look at the comps and make the offers so that you will double your investment when you sell. It really works just like that.

Good luck

Jordan M
    Participant

Thanks for the insight Kevin, this sounds like something that is realistic and feasible. Did you do this as you went through the training, or after? I’m probably going to do the monthly option.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Jordan – The training is not offered as lump sum OR monthly. You pay for the training up front. The monthly membership gives you access to tools like Real Quest Pro for doing research and pulling data. The group rate for RQ alone is worth the $250 per month. You would spend more than that if you bought it on your own. The data becomes the backbone of your business.

I spent a few weeks going through the training DVDs three times. Then I did my research and sent my first mailer of 1600 letters out. This is typical although some people run through the 12 DVDs in one weekend.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.