LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ My first mailer

• Creator
    Topic

Aaron
    Participant

Hello,

I sent out my first mailers on 2/12 and started to get calls this past week…

Out of my 6 calls so far
    …one guy said my offer was 1/20th of what it was worth so his counter offer was 20x what he says the property is worth $720,000

…one lady said my offer was bologna

…one guy was very polite but said he didn’t want to sell, we talked for a little while

..one guy countered at 4x my offer price (he wants retail)

…the other few left messages saying they don’t want to get my mailers anymore

I have noticed my facebook page is getting new views so people are checking me out. I will keep this post updated. I am still hopeful that I will land at least one deal

Have a great weekend,
    Aaron

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@astewartconst

I was just curious, did anything ever come of that last promising phone call you got?

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

Hello,

Sorry I havent been on here in a while. I sent out 6000 mmailers the past few weeks and the first 2000 started
    to hit. I have bought 2 properties yesterday and 2
    properties today. Mixed in with some hate mail and one
    lady who is reporting me to the states attorney for
    elder abuse….??.?

Will stay in touch

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@astewartconst

Hell yeah!!! Keep it up! I’m curious to see how this all pans out with all that crazy volume of mail!

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

Hello Everyone,

To update. My first 2000 mailers started hitting last Friday. I bought 2 properties Monday, 2 on Tuesday, and 1 today with another person as a maybe.

My next batch of 2000 should hit this week. I am wondering how much overlap I will get.

I did two deeds today and it is pretty simple work…what a relief

Tuesdays seller has 2 properties right next to each other but I haven’t been able to look up his deed and he doesn’t know if its in his name only or him and his wife.

I hope to get some more deals off the first 2000 mailer. I (so far) like this high volume because I can really screen my calls…if the person sounds like they might be disgruntled or doesn’t sound like a seller I don’t even call them back because with this volume I have people who simply call and just say “yes” no hassle no negotiating.

I will own property by the end of the week and hopefully can start stacking sales both cash and terms

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@astewartconst

How many calls have you received so far? How many per day?

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

Chris,

I would say its been around 10 per day. Yesterday a little less, not sure if it is dropping off now after a week or not. My next 2000 should start as early as tomorrow

Milan
    Participant

Aron, are you still doing the 15000-25000 value offering about $5000. Is that working for you now? Or did you change the value of land you target?

Thank you! Keep rocking!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@astewartconst

How many deals are you up to now. I lost count.

6000 offers what are you crazy? How many more are you going to send?

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

Milan, no the stuff I am working on now is $100 per acre land in 2.5-10 acre sizes.

Luke, I have 6 for sure at the moment with a couple in the works (and that is since Monday). I want to see how busy the weekly mailers will overlap and judge my future mailers accordingly. If it gets too crazy at 2k per week I can step down to 1k. At the moment I am loving it, I am running around but already getting more efficient at things

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

6 for sure is good.

2,000 offers 6 buys in week one. That is .3%. 14 more to get to 1%.

Wonder if time will get it to 1% or if we need to target a lower % of the total properties of that size in those counties.

Shy of offering more per acre.

You think adding their annual tax next to all the other property data would help?

Would that remind them how much they hate paying taxes or would it say hay taxes are only X per year why not just keep it?

You think it is worth a try?

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

My guess is that Aaron and us will end up around .005% or half of 1 percent.

There’s definitely room to increase to $150 an acre but I don’t know how much of a difference it will make.

Aaron
    Participant
    Pro

I am sending out 2 more checks tomorrow. I am at seven now and have one more I can buy easy. I haven’t gotten any calls from this first mailer in 5 days

Week 2 mailer of 2000 offers started the other day. I am getting inundated with calls and most of them are positive…might start getting buried if it keeps up. I will start negotiating and buying mailer 2 tomorrow. I have probably 7 calls to return from yesterday and today.

Jill DeWit
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

Luke – Interesting idea! Keep us updated on your results if you include the annual taxes, that would definitely be fun to try!

Great job on your deals Aaron! It’s always fun when your phone is ringing off the hook with deals!

Ariel Muller
    Participant

@astewartconst wow! sounds like your killing it, how has the reselling of your deals been? and sold yet?

Ariel Muller
    Participant

@astewartconst @lukesmith wondering, what did your accepted deals look like?
    were they as simple as “yes,$500 is fine”?
    this is what my brother @aharonmuller and I were hoping for with our first mailer of 2000, but as of now in week 3 calls have been only a couple a week. our only deals are 2 parcels accepted at $1500 each and we’re waiting to hear back from a woman whom we offered 200 an acre, on 5 of her 34 parcels. got a call today from a old man who lives out of state, our letter reminded him of the property he had sitting here. again, he’s not accepting $500 but was happy I reached out to him and I’m going to make an offer.
    I’ve been making an effort to turn some of these callers into sellers but haven’t had a single seller take $500, What gives? I’ve been making an offer based on lowest comp in the city the parcel is in, to give a better offer, So while I can double my money based on the city’s’ lowest comp looking at the counties lowest comp I haven’t had a single deal!
    what’s the trick guys?
    Thanks!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.