LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Multiple Properties on One Deed

• Creator
    Topic

Shaun Stevens
    Participant

Looking for a little help with a deed. I purchased a group of lots all on one deed. Now I’m selling the first of the group and need help on the legal description. Here is what the legal description is on my deed;

“Tract 1: Lots Seven (7), Eight (8), Nine (9), Thirty-four (34) and Thirty-five (35), Block One (1), Edith Estates II, a subdivision recorded in Drawer 7, File No. 93, Plat Records, Coke County, Texas.
    Tract 2: Lots One (l), Two (2), Three (3), Four (4), Six (6) and Seven (7), Block Three (3), Edith Estates II, a subdivision recorded in Drawer 7, File No. 93, Plat Records, Coke County, Texas.
    Tract 7: Lots Nine (9), Ten (10), Forty-four (44) and Forty-five (45), Block One (1), Edith Estates, a subdivision recorded in Drawer 7, Volume 167, Page 444, Plat Records, Coke County, Texas.”

I’m selling Tract 2 Lots One and Two to a buyer. Would I just take out the parts I need like this:

“Tract 2: Lots One (l), Two (2), Edith Estates II, a subdivision recorded in Drawer 7, File No. 93, Plat Records, Coke County, Texas.”
    Would this be all I need to include in the legal?
    Seems a little too easy so I thought I’d seek the wisdom of the group.
    Thanks,
    Shaun

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Shaun – That’s it. As long as each parcel has an APN number or UPC or whatever they call it there. You just keep selling them until they are all gone.

Kevin

Shaun Stevens
    Participant
    Pro

Thank Kevin…It’s nice to get another set of eyes on things to be sure.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Looks good to me. Call zoning to be sure the bits and peices can still get building permits. These are my favorite splits. Selling lots off a list all owned by one person who looks at it as one property.

Shaun Stevens
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for your response Luke. These are infill lots in a lake side community that allows mobile homes. Should be able to sell. I really appreciate all your comments and the wisdom you share with us rookies here in the forums and the calls.
    You rock!
    Shaun

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.