• Creator
    Topic

Chris
    Participant

@Luke Smith

I see you mentioned you purchased a lot. Can you give us the details? Congrats in advance!

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@ Luke Smith

Exciting! Please keep us updated on your response rate and the types of calls that come in. Seems like you should be able to purchase several properties!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Got 7 calls today on the last mailer of 758 offers. They all called between 3:00-4:20PST. All from Southern California. The offers were mailed out from LetterPrinting.net in So Cal 8 days ago. I think it is starting to get to the recipients.
    2 totally negative, one said I was f this and f that from a little old lady
    1 from a guy who had another bigger lot he might sell me not to far form there, 6.6 acres for $750 he is sending more info. He wanted 10 times my offer on the 5 acre in my letter as that is what his neighbour offered him years ago and now has fallen on hard times. His grandma bought it for $75 forever ago.
    1 planned to mine the land for the stuff that tums is made of, He did that to other land in the area quite profitably back in the day. He will talk to his partner and get back to me.
    3 calls I missed left vmail and my confirm numbers to call them back, will call them back tomorrow. I was with my kids so it is hard for me to talk on the phone all the time.

Note to self, shorten the confirm numbers for the next mailing. It did not look so long before its parts ere merged together and now hearing people struggle through it makes me want to make it shorter.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Returning calls this morning. A bunch of no, what is your counter offer. No come on you can do better. Really? Can I buy land from you?

Still trying to get my first solid no brainier first deal.

Really believe now that land in the middle of nowhere holds value in lots of peoples minds. Also wondering if people living in so cal are jaded as to prices of land not along the beach.

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

Not bad for the first day it hit. I bet you are going to get a lot of calls at the beginning of the week. Please keep us updated as the days unfold – I’m sure you’re going to do some deals from this.

A couple questions for you –

1. How did you generate the confirmation numbers?

2. Did you do the standard 5 acre, free and clear, $500 offer that the course talks about?

3. Did you use agent pro or lists directly from the county?

4. How many counties are you targeting?

Hobart King
    Participant

Really interesting, Luke! Keep us updated.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Missed one caller today. Left no vmail. Called back and they don’t have vmail.

@chris
    1. For the confirm numbers I put state initials, 5a for 5 acres, 15 for sub 1.5K appraisal value, county abbreviations, then a number to represent that specific offer.

Was thinking it would be nice to know what the offer was out of the confirm number.

2. Yes
    3. AgentPro247 it is cheap and has all the same stuff as core logic as far as I can tell. Setup was super fast. It is easy to use too. Might try core logic with some profit from one of these deals or I find out agentpro247 is my problem.
    4. One county in this offer. All sub 1.5K appraised value, zero improvement, 5 acre parcels. 1.5K because that was how many offers it takes to get a good break at letterprinting.net #600 plus and you get their better rates. Aimed at just over 1000 but scrubbed out dupes and others to get down to 758. 2000 is their next pricing tier.

Hope Monday brings the deals in. If not I will have to try higher prices and or other counties, land sizes ect to get it to work.

I did not have my website set up nor did I have my fax set up for this mailer. It is a tester in my mind. They are set up for the next mailer.

Got a fax line deal at onlinefaxes.com who advertises a fax line for $2.99 on Google adwords. When you exit out of their ad they offer the same service for $1 a month. You can pick a number and or transfer others in. It works just like efax or many others.

Wonder if having location specific landing pages would help. It is cheap to have many domains leading to the same site. Each could be county or area specific and might convert higher. Might take that approach with my website.

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@Luke Smith

Wow! Thanks for all the specifics! I think putting the offer price in the confirmation number is brilliant…they give you the confirmation number and you already know what the offer and county is, I might have to steal that. 🙂

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

You know when @Steve said don’t ring the bell before you hang up the call?
    I almost did that as I just bought 2, 5 acre parcels in CA. Next to houses with pools and green yards. The seller negotiated me up form $500 each to 1K each but I can’t find any sales around there anywhere for under $3800 more like 7K and up.

His name is on the tax collectors site as 100% owner, Agentpro247, going back to the 70’s and beyond. He is faxing the deeds over for me to work off of and get turned around to a mobile notary to sign and deliver the cashiers check i’m going to get right now.

Back tax is $136 on each.

Boy this is fun!
    Thank you everybody! I’m going to buy a lot more mailers now!

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

WOWzer!!!! Awesome! Are you pumped or what?

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@Luke Smith

BTW, what type of deed are you using? Where are you getting the deed form from?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@chris The deed is a Grant Deed. That kind is popular in California.

Went to uslegal.com hit real estate, California and at the top of the list is a blank grant deed for $15 I can keep using for an unlimited number of California transactions.

Have used uslegal.com a bunch for other business dealings so I am used to them.

Have been looking at lots of other deeds to learn from too.

When are you going to tell us about your first deal? Mailers out there yet? What are you waiting for? I want to learn from your learning curve.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Got a live one on the line! He was so excited that I made him a cash offer on his way the heck out there middle of no ware junk land his dad left him that he said I should keep another one in a different county I did not make an offer on too.

The first one for $500 is a 5acre corner lot on a highway and a major looking dirt road turn off.

The free kicker is 2.5 acres also in California that really does look like it is in the middle of no ware but the price is hard to beat.

Got a new notary for this one. $75 drawing up the ppwk and should start marketing them soon!

Math, 4 buys/758 offers = .53% success rate, so far.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

This morning beat yesterday, this afternoon beat this morning!
    Just got
    85 acres made up of one 5 and some 10’s and 20’s in the same section of California! $100 an acre

Yipee!!!!

James Skinner
    Participant

Nice job, Luke!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Went hiking with the kids in the mountains today. Actually had cell reception! Bingo, got another 5 acer deal for $500 in CA. This is probably the worst one of the lot. I should of done more research and went back to him with a @Claire price. Still though the low comps that I can figure are 2K plus.

Had another caller on the line from one of my older @Claire style crazy offers. He has 30 something acres I offered him $700 on. He might go for it, wife says sell, he wants to build but is now too old. He wanted more information and wanted to be sure he does not have to share their social security numbers ect. I think he wanted to be sure I was for real. I’m crossing my fingers on that one.

Viewing 15 replies - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.