LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Joining Facebook groups with your land business page?

Tagged: , ,

• Creator
    Topic

Amy G
    Participant

Hi all, I went to go look up vacant land Facebook groups today and was hoping to be able to join them with my business page as opposed to my personal profile. I don’t see a way to do this even after Googling for how-to’s. Most info says it can’t be done. How do you all connect to these groups and ensure your listing are publicized to them? I’m assuming you have to manually post to each group then, sharing your latest post? Let me know.. thanks!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

Follow

Kyria Baker
    Participant
    Pro

Yeah, it’s a pain, but you have to join as an individual and manually post. I can see the reason, though, because there is a lot of spam out there. I find it’s worth it. Just be sure and check the rules in each group. Some will allow you to post a link to your website or listing; others don’t want outside links.

Facebook has improved, because I used to have to keep a list of groups where I had posted items, so I would remember to go take them down when sold. Now, FB will pop up a list for you, which is helpful. I just wish FB would let you sort your list of groups in some way…

Amy G
    Participant
    Pro

Ok thanks Kyria! Well at least I’m not missing something then. Just gotta hunker down and do it. 🙂

Katrina M.
    Participant
    Pro

Hello everyone is there a list of the various Facebook land groups. I’ve been searching but can’t find them. Thanks for your help.

Kyria Baker
    Participant
    Pro

No, Katrina, sorry there’s nothing so convenient. You just have to search by various search terms until you strike gold. What are you looking for exactly?

Nick Sliger
    Participant
    Pro

I’ve been utilizing the Facebook sales groups this week. Go to https://www.facebook.com/salesgroups and search by the map function for groups in the area of property you own. I also join groups in the larger cities of the state the property is located.

It might take a few day to get approved. when approved I go into the group page an turn off the post notification because I’m only there to sell not buy so I don’t want my feed covered with classified ads.

I’ve found 2 ways to post:
    1: Post the listing on your business page and share it in each group individually (time consuming)
    2: Go into a group you’ve joined remake the same post you have on your business page, don’t post yet. Just left of the post button is a down arrow, click it and add other groups you want to post the property in. This allows to to post in several groups at once (up to 20?)

MY FB business page listing were getting a reach of 2 prior to this approach. Now a listing I put up over 3 days ago has a reach of 4,837 with 200+ post clicks. My website traffic has gone up 3X in the last 3 days, got my first submission on the site for someone wanting to sell (took 5 months), and interested buyers calling and emailing me.

It has not equated to a property sold but will soon. I’m new to FB, only joined for this business, so I’m no expert but hopefully this will help save some members time and make sales.

Robert Johnson
    Participant
    Pro

That is Great info Nick.

Kyria Baker
    Participant
    Pro

Yes, very helpful, Nick, thank you!

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant
    Pro

I know this post isn’t that old, but I’m guessing that the link from @nsliger is no longer supported by Fb?

Nick Sliger
    Participant
    Pro

@aggieland

Hi Darald,
    The link is https://www.facebook.com/salegroups . I just went there and it works.

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant
    Pro

@nsliger, thanks for the reply… I swear it wasn’t working when I clicked it the other day.

Peter Toth
    Participant
    Pro

Great info about selling on FB. Does anyone outsource FB activity for selling and is this even viable?

Thank you all for this topic.

Matt
    Participant
    Pro

@nsliger Great information. Do you know any good resources where we can learn to track “reach” and “post clicks” on Facebook? I’m definitely interested in following the metrics but am new to marketing on Facebook.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.