LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** In Canada, better to buy in the US?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Dan Strandberg
    Participant

I’m in Canada, and I’m interested in getting started in land investing. My question: is it easier for me to get started here, or should I be following the steps to get going in the US? I’ve been going thru the podcasts and haven’t come across mention of anything outside of the US, so just looking for some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hi Dan – I would actually love to buy land in Canada. You can probably do both US and Canada if you want to. I ran into a problem when I had a seller in Canada. I could not get a notary like we can here in the US. When I finally found one, they quoted $300 or so to notarize some documents that I was going to mail to the seller. I may be all wrong, but I think a notary in Canada might be required to be an attorney. I know that it is not the same as in the US.

You would have to figure out a couple of things like that on your first few deals.

Dan Strandberg
    Participant

Thank you very much for your prompt reply, I’m actually currently listening to an older podcast about this exact question. I’m going to definitely look into more details, and I can’t wait until I can buy the program.

S. Jack Butala
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

@dstrandb

Great question. We are answering this question on the podcast which will air on December 29, 2017

Thanks for your participation.

Dan Strandberg
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Steve, I’ve been listening non stop to your podcast this last week (7-8 episodes a day) and can’t wait to check that one out.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.