LandInvestors.com Forums *New Member Introductions* Hallo from the Grand Canyon State (and soon North Carolina)!

• Creator
    Topic

Benedict Dughoff
    Participant

Hey everybody! I’m excited to join the community, learn from y’all and hopefully be able to contribute something of value to everyone else as well.

As a dual citizen transplant from Holland I can’t think of a better way to combine my love for the majestic outdoors that America offers and building a nest egg for my (young) family than through smart and effective land Real Estate Investing. My initial attempts to figure REI out on my own back in 2005-2008 were a disaster (and the economic timing didn’t help either). I’m just starting to recover from it financially and business wise. This was not a total deterrent because in the past 10 years I’ve kept my eyes open for new opportunities that “felt right” and checked off all my due diligence boxes (which I didn’t do the first time around), because I don’t want to go through a similar ordeal again.

It wasn’t until I heard Steve and Jill on a podcast last year that I decided that their method, approach and perspective resonated strongly enough for me to get back into the game. I love the combination they provide of expertise, business tools, funding resources and a community of likeminded people. I have not seen anything else like that around.

I was able to recruit my best friend (who is a much better business person than I am) to partner up with because even though we have both been entrepreneurs for a long time, we much more enjoy working together with someone else on a project like this. With our busy lives (just like everyone warned me, there is not a lot of sleep that happens by parents during a baby’s first year, and I look after her during the day while my wife is away at work) making 50% of something is still a lot better than 100% of nothing. We currently live in Phoenix, AZ but will be moving to Western North Carolina later this spring to be closer to family. We’ll do business anywhere in the US and I’m excited to narrow down the counties for the first mailer this spring.

I wish other new people the best of luck as well and want to share my gratitude for all the more experienced and seasoned members who help out the rest of us so often on this forum.

To a prosperous 2019 and beyond!

Benedict Dughoff

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Joe Martin
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Hi Benedict,
    I live in Asheville, I assume you’ll be relatively close. Feel free to reach out when you get settled, best of luck with the move!

-Joe Martin

Matt Rogers
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Welcome to the group! Get your first mailer out and see what happens. There are deals everywhere, just have to send out offers & go from there.

Good Luck!

Matt Rogers

Benedict Dughoff
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Benedict,
    I live in Asheville, I assume you’ll be relatively close. Feel free to reach out when you get settled, best of luck with the move!

-Joe Martin

Joe, awesome!

we finally moved and are in Hendersonville. Just moved in and are started to settled down. It’s a lot, especially with an energetic one year old to keep and eye on 🙂 Can’t wait to get more acquainted with the area.

Maybe we can meet up for coffee/beverage some time?

Thanks,

Benedict

Benedict Dughoff
    Participant
    Pro

Welcome to the group! Get your first mailer out and see what happens. There are deals everywhere, just have to send out offers & go from there.

Good Luck!

Matt Rogers

Matt, thanks for the welcome. it’s coming along. We finally moved, finding a babysitter and I can now start to spend some hours on getting the pieces together for the first mailer.

Will keep folks posted and am sure be asking some more questions along the way.

Thanks,

Benedict

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.