LandInvestors.com Forums $10K a Month for Life; Cash Flow From Land Chapter 6 – Cash Flow From Land Do We Change Pricing per Acre for Larger Purchase?

• Creator
    Topic
    Aroldo Villarreal
    Participant

Made an offer to a seller for 7.3 acres at $3,575.00 per acre ($26,101.11) . Turns out she wants to sell ALL the acres, which are 23 acres, including the 7.3.

If I run the numbers at 35% of what properties of 20-25 acres are selling for, I get about $1,028.06 per acre, which equates to $22,617.21 offer, $4k lower than my initial offer for almost triple the land…I’m sure that wouldn’t sit well with the seller.

I ran numbers for other offers I sent, this mailer I sent offers to 5 acres and 10 acres and the 10 acres were priced at $2,030 per acre. If I use THIS pricing, I’d be at an offer of ~$46k, but I’m not sure that would be a smart move.

What would you do in this case?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Aroldo – Yes we definitely price smaller parcels more $/acre and the comps support this as you can see. The seller may expect the same $/acre for the larger parcel but you need to explain the difference in value when buying larger parcels in that county. Your initial price for the 7.3 may be a little high but you are in a dilemma. Are you telling me that your offer was 35% and it was $26,101. That would put land value at $74,574 per acre.(Correction $74,574/7.3 = $10,215 per acre Comp) I am a bit concerned about these numbers. How can a property be that expensive in a 7 acre parcel and then only worth $1,000 per acre for 23 acres.

Please take a look at your pricing and see if there was a mistake on your offer.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Aroldo Villarreal
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Kevin, thanks for the reply & sorry for the confusion. To clarify, the $26,101 price was for total of the 7.3 acres. So, my pricing per acre was $3,575.48.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Aroldo – Sorry, I miscalculated – the comp price for this would have been $10,215 per acre calculated from your offer at 35%. The bottom line is that your 35% offers for 7.3 acres would be about 3 times the price per acre for 23 acres. I still suspect that there are incorrect comps for either the smaller acreage or the larger ones. Something doesn’t make sense.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.