LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Do any of you install "for sale" signs on your properties?

• Creator
    Topic

John Pitkin
    Participant

I wonder if this would be worthwhile. Even in areas with little traffic, I think a sign would help potential buyers confirm that they have found your property after driving to the coordinates.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

John P – Nope. If you are selling rural vacant land nobody is driving by. As you say, it may be convenient for your buyer but you would have to pay someone to go out and put the sign on the property. And you would have to trust that they put it in the right place. They might not get it right. Use GPS coordinates.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

Jake Robinson
    Participant
    Pro

If you live in the area where you have property I don’t see how it would be a big negative as long as you aren’t really logging the miles. Give it a try… I know another member who does it…

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

One of my crazy stories is a couple asked me If I could tie colored balloons to stakes at the corner points of my 10 Acre parcel. Hmmmmmmmmm……….

Jake Robinson
    Participant
    Pro

@chuck, that’s funny…

But, if I were going to visit the property to put a sign up… I’d want to walk the boundary anyway… if you’re gonna do that then it would make sense to bring some orange plastic marking tape and at least mark the corners and perhaps some spots in between corners…

Jill talks about using an app on your phone and using the GPS coordinates and it will walk you point to point.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.