LandInvestors.com Forums +Resources for Success+ *~*Data2Doorstep Question*~*

• Creator
    Topic
    Joe K
    Participant

For those of you who have D2D from Steve and Jill, do they explain how to get your excel file full of data into the proper format so that they link with your microsoft word offer letter?

Reason I ask is because Steve explains it in the Land Program (I bought it), but it truly is not clear nor a step by step on how its linked and how to link the fields. I would prefer him to explain literally step A to step Z (even if some of the information might not be important), it is important to understand the entire process.

Please let me know as I am about to activation my subscription and it would be helpful to get some insight and help on this.

I have my excel data on who I want to mail (for houses) and I will be using the D2D for both Land and Houses.

Thanks!

@luketsmith

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith

https://youtu.be/84KT6mGQoTg

It is easier to show than explain. Try this video and see if that explains it.

Make files like this and upload them to letterprinting.net

@joesk

Brandon Price
    Participant

Luke,
    Very informative video. Thanks for taking the time to do that. I think that’s a great idea of maximizing the bulk discount on mailers!!! I noticed you were also putting the merge tags on an envelope template… is that because of the multiple return addresses (between you and your other buyers)? Or is that something that letterprinting.net requires?

Thanks,
    ~Brandon

Joe K
    Participant

@luketsmith

WOW thanks Luke! I really appreciate it!!!! You rock!

I appreciate that guide, its very informative and detailed and now I know how to do it.

But, how do you link the word doc with your excel doc? Do you have to? or no?

Do you just send your offer letter and your excel csv to letterprinting ITI and they will be able to figure it out from there?

I am now a PRO member, so does Steve have this video instruction posted anywhere?

Luke Smith

@brandonp

@joesk

The return letter has mail merge fields in the reply corner because different buyers have different reply addresses.
    It looks like we are 9 buyers for this weeks mailer. That makes 200 offers to one guy and 2,000 for one guy and 3,000 for yours truly. You get the idea.
    I sort the property owners by their mailing address line to randomize them amongst the buyers.

For the link between the letter and the excel sheet I just let the letterprinting.net guys do that. It is different in Windows, Mac or Linux and I don’t think it is a good use of time to explain them when letterprinting.net does it for you.

Go read their how to. They want Microsoft formats on everything. They have templates to use too if you like.

Especially the envelope template.

Joe K
    Participant

@luketsmith

I agree, I will look at their walkthrough, it seems straightforward.

I just wish Steve would make a video guide and explain the exact options and forms to choose from their service. It would just make it so simple for a beginner thats about ready to mail.

Luke Smith

Yea, it would make it easier. It changes over time though. That website just got a really nice overhaul. It used to look like it was created on a typewriter for the public library computers.

Think the idea and concept is more important.

There are little help buttons on there I read each one. Basically go for the cheapest option until you have to bump it up. Like having data merged into the second page. Standard postage because no postage does not get you anywhere.

Steve has been pretty helpful to me with the understanding he has not needed to mail out offers in a while. The program videos talk about click2mail. Technology changes too fast to keep a step by step fresh. That is where this forum come in. I learned a lot off of here.

Claire found that printing co. We were all looking for better options after hearing what Steve wanted. This one fits the best for the best price.

Steve is talking about buying his own machines to print and mail offers. Wonder how that will play out. Would like to have my own too or use the heck out of his.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.