LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Corelogic Question

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Palani Wright
    Participant

Are you able to target a city or a zip code in the data set? I know you can do it in 247 agent pro but can’t find it in corelogic. Any help this would be sooooo AWESOME!!!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Laurie Phillips
    Participant
    Pro

Yes, you can target a zip code. You choose Site Zip Code under Custom Search – Step 2 attributes. The zip option at the top of the custom search page doesn’t work. There isn’t much value though in using the site zip code in my experience. Very few records have a site address. An alternative is to learn the county’s APN numbering scheme or Township/range/section methodology – hopefully logical, but not always – and use that to identify a geographic area. Luke Smith has a Youtube video that includes how to do it. Sorry, but I don’t remember the video’s name. If county offices were open you could find out how they do their APN scheme without having to hack it yourself. Using census tract and block are a more clumsy way of doing the same. The site statisticalatlas.com is a huge help for the latter. Pick the state, the county, and then under Population on the right menu choose Tract or Block. It’s a lot of work but if you plan to continue to mail the county it’s worth the effort.

Good luck,
    Laurie

S. Jack Butala
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

DataTree is the answer for zip code based data pulls which are more helpful in SFR and Infill Lot mailers which are much less attractive opportunities right now. There’s amazing opportunity in rural and not so rural vacant land. Both Real Quest and DataTree are very good for pulling this data accurately.

Palani Wright
    Participant

@ Laurie…BOOM, yup that totally works. Thank you so much. My issue was when I pull data from a county it’s all over the place which can vary in price by thousands. Now that you have shown me that I can now segment by city’s in the counties which the price will be the same and cut down on my hate calls. HAHA
    Again Thank you

@Jack, Yes Ive been meaning to try out Data Tree to see how different it is from Core but havent gotten around to it. Still looking for demo’s for that site but it’s on my list for things to do while being quarantined.

This site rocks!!!

J Covert
    Participant
    Pro

Hi Steve,
    I’m new here and just completed listening to LA 1 & LA 2. I see that during the current pandemic environment you feel that Infill lots are “much less attractive” compared to “rural and not so rural land” which you call an “amazing opportunity.”

2 Questions:
    1) What qualifies as the “not so rural land” you’re calling an amazing opportunity if it’s not Infill lots?
    2) Are sales of rural vacant land strong for you? (DOM)

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer!

DataTree is the answer for zip code based data pulls which are more helpful in SFR and Infill Lot mailers which are much less attractive opportunities right now. There’s amazing opportunity in rural and not so rural vacant land. Both Real Quest and DataTree are very good for pulling this data accuratel[/quote]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.