LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Closing attorney

• Creator
    Topic

Daniel Browne
    Participant

Any suggestions in the State of Florida?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

I don’t understand this idea of a closing attorney. I heard it mentioned in one of webinars. I know some states require them but what’s the advantage otherwise. Aren’t you paying them extra for what working with a title agent? Can someone fill me in please. Thanks

Daniel Browne
    Participant
    Pro

I was wanting another tool in my box for closings, plus a source to get a little more knowledge on quiet title and gaining access to properties. It doesn’t take long to see the benefits of just sending more mail but there might be some jewels hidden in some of the multiple problematic properties you get calls on. As we grow our property price points some of these problems might not be that difficult to remedy.

Ron Mayfield
    Participant
    Pro

Rod,
    I believe it was a Steve and Jill podcast that I heard them say that a Real Estate Attorney who can handle closing with title insurance is the same cost or maybe a little more, however, they often times can do it in 24-48 hours. With title companies taking weeks or months to close you stand the risk of your buyer/seller walking because they have too much time to think about it….it becomes a risk management tool.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.