You are here:--Close this one (my first regular close) with a local title company?
Close this one (my first regular close) with a local title company? 2018-01-11T11:26:43+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Close this one (my first regular close) with a local title company?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #15129 |

have almost $7K into this lot, have advertised for $15K cash or $3K down and 100 payments of $270/mo at 0% interest ($30K total). Buyer wants to make 3 payments over the course of one year. $5k down, $6K in six months, and the negotiated balance of $5K at one year ($16K total). Doing only 3 payments, I am thinking of just self invoicing the 3 times. Is it best to close this with escrow? Even though title is clean (no liens) and I received a warranty deed from the long-time previous owner, he only had a copy of the statutory fulfillment deed given to him with his seller’s signature after he finished making payments on a land contract. County had to file as a copy, so that is a technicality that would make getting title insurance a no-go as I understand it.I will disclose this to the buyer ahead of time, as it would only seem to matter if they wanted to get a loan to build. The original seller is still around and looked for the original but did not find it. The guy has “boundary” issues in fulfilling his promises, and I am thinking having a professional escrow involved with a closing may even get the technicality resolved, by getting a quit claim from him or reduplicating the original deed. A bit more involved than I hoped my first deal closing on the sell side would be (for a normal sale that is, I did close on an option a few weeks ago).

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.