LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Can we do a live mailer on the weekly call?

• Creator
    Topic

Luke Smith

Would anyone be interested in being part of or watching a live mailer from start to finish on one of the weekly calls?

Thinking we find someone that:
    Paid for the program and actually studied it
    Would like to do a mailer
    Not sure where
    Has the budget
    And lets us do it for/with them

I walk through doing it live. While Jack and Jill are on the air contributing too. (could also be the new mailer service person doing a live demo of the new service if not me)

We strategize together. We research the market together and we talk about the logic of the decisions along the way.

Think we would all learn different things from this activity.

Not sure Jack and Jill would be ok with showing the secret sauce off or not in that kind of venue but we can ask right?

The last mailer I did I probably had it out to the printer in less than an hour. That is research and everything. Maybe with the logic discussion we should split it into a two part series. Research and pulling data then merging the data into an actual mailer.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Mark Sharp
    Participant
    Pro

Luke,

I would certainly benefit from a webex like that. I am very comfortable with Excel and Word but being still relatively new I am sometimes wondering about the logic when I am doing county/parcel evaluations.

Layne Tapper
    Participant
    Pro

Great idea!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Do you like to lean twards the counties none of the other land dealers are activly working or do you believe more in areas that produce lots of deals producing lots more deals over time?

Think it is quality vs quantity.

I like a mixture of both but think picking one or the other to start is better.

Layne Tapper
    Participant
    Pro

I started in the more rural counties but am transitioning into counties that require some more creativity and experience (AKA, failing forward) with pricing. Both types of examples would certainly be beneficial, even if done outside of the weekly calls if those are too packed with topics.

Mark Sharp
    Participant
    Pro

Luke,

My strategy from the start has been to develop 3 channels. 1 channel being counties that have been proven, 2nd being a less “crowded” county from an activity perspective and the 3rd being a partnership leg as the “money guy”. With that being said, examples of both types of counties would be beneficial but the strategies and thought process may not be that much different?

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Luke,
    I would be incredibly interested in a special session like that and maybe outside the weekly call for members only if it would be easier for Jack and Jill to agree and use their Zoom/webinar resources. It could be posted on their LA member website as an additional key training-aid to all members that have paid for the program.

I would recommend we start with a county that would produce more “quantity” of deals for quicker status back to the group and follow-up later with more “quality” for the long run as you explained above. And that would provide more of a mix of training and learning.

It would be great to look for a county that has a mix of Subdivisions defined in the data along with other areas that are defined primarily by T,S,R if possible. That way there is a blend for more comps available for the “cookie-cutter” subdivisions and the rest of the parcels having to rely primarily on the assessors Taxable and Market Value data.

I can support wherever needed!

Chuck

Dave Ayres
    Participant
    Pro

I like this idea. It would be fun, as a group, to go through the whole process from acquisition to sale and discuss better/best practices along the way.

Chris McManus
    Participant
    Pro

Excellent idea! In fact, I would happily be your lab rat!. My name is Christine (Chris) M. and I am a serial Land Academy voyeur (HA)!

So here’s a little history. I purchased the Land Academy program about a year ago, after having followed the pod-cast for several months, I finally committed. I have been through the program thoroughly, several times, listened to the pod-cast since the days when Jack was Steve, and I have also listened to every weekly call, (after the recording is posted), since weekly calls started. Moreover, I follow the posts and questions on Success Plant once or twice a week – Luke S is my long-time hero, Claire is my aspiration, Kevin F has the most thoughtful posts, and I understand Kathleen’s questions– yup, I might be doing the same thing. – hence the whole year of studying everything LA!

I would happily share a live walk through of my first mailer (FYI – the data and Excel do not intimidate me) and help see this idea to fruition. My sense is that this would be an awesome learning tool and a great opportunity to share with all members! And of course, you ‘all could help me “get out of my own way” and conquer this fear I have of wild success. Just sayin’

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Let’s ask Jack and Jill on Thursday if they are up for it.

Maybe after that we can do some live splits. Find a new place we can split. Study the market, mail it, buy it, split it, sell it. Or what ever order the rules allow.

Walk through creating new legal descriptions vs hiring survayers to do it. Blazing roads vs drawing roads and other fun aspects of splitting.

Kathleen DeNault-Ridge
    Participant
    Pro

Luke…I love the idea of doing some “live splits” and taking it to the next level!

Chris McManus
    Participant
    Pro

I agree, Luke. Really cool idea.

Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

This sounds interesting. Working alone is getting boring. The Thursday call is great, as well as this forum and fb. But I would like to contribute and learn more. Regarding mailing: I have a limited budget so I currently learn as much as I can about a county and spend a lot of time researching the data before I download from Real Quest. It’s a laborious process but gives me a level of confidence I have a good list. That’s just me. I know others work at a more macro level.

Amy B
    Participant
    Pro

COUNT ME IN as well. 🙂 Rod you mentioned fb, is there a fb group for LA members as well? @rodhall98

Richard Grimsley
    Participant
    Pro

Yes, me too! I’m new and doing county research now. This would be extremely helpful! Please everyone bring this up on the next call (I will have to hear the recording of that one because I have to fly during next Thursdays call). And I too did not know about Land Academy FaceBook groups other than the main Land Academy FB page that is mostly for news and podcast promo. Is there another one that investors are active on that some of us don’t know about??

Pat Aungier
    Participant
    Pro

Great idea Luke…

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.