You are here:--Are you putting the sales amount on your deeds?
Are you putting the sales amount on your deeds? 2017-09-13T06:59:20+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Are you putting the sales amount on your deeds?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #11860 |

I know some people put $1 on it, but sellers may get sketched out so I’ve just been putting the amount on it. I realized the downside might be that your future buyer is going to know what price you bought at.

What’s everyone doing for this?

Kevin Farrell
    Participant

Shammgod – Some people get freaked out about the $10 part on the deed. I just omit it. I would recommend that you never put the purchase price on the deed. It is not customary to put that information on the deed itself.

Merritt Whitman
    Participant

Great tip, Kevin. And thanks again for asking the question, Shammgod. Does that mean I totally F-ed myself because I did put the purchase price on the deed? Haha

Kevin Farrell
    Participant

Merritt – I don’t think there is any harm. It is just not commonly done as I understand it. I have looked at hundreds of deeds besides the ones I created and I have never seen the sales price on the deed. It is not required information and, for reasons that you have mentioned, it is not desirable to disclose that information on the deed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.