LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Am I Really Doing This Correctly?

• Creator
    Topic

Bill Halliday
    Participant

Hi,

I thought I’d share my experience so far as a beginner and hopefully draw some feedback.

My first mailer went out last week. About 600 offers to purchase 5 acre lots for $500.

$100/acre seems REALLY low. Someone please reassure me this works. HAHA!

My next mailer will probably go out to another state with a more woodsy, hunting, fishing, cabin type property offer.

How long would you recommend I wait for the next mailer? Should I give the current one about a month to settle in?

I realize it depends on the budget, but just throw out some estimates for me. What do you do?

Had my first contact today (estimating within one or two days of the letters hitting mailboxes). It was from a very passionate man using very creative language to tell me “you guys had better stop sending me letters for $500 for 5 acres!” Before I could get a word in, he hung up.

Jack warns in the training that this will happen so I let it roll off my back. It was just funny.

Next funny thing was, he sent me a “TEST” email about an hour later. I replied respectfully that I’ll take him off my list.

Thanks.

Bill

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Bill – you didn’t say what state and county you are working in but if it is desert land, then the $100 offer is probably correct. It all depends on the comps in that area.

600 piece mailer is a bit on the small side but you should still see some results. As a beginner, I would suggest mailing once a month for the first few to get the hang of it and to figure out your process for buying and selling.

Aaron English
    Participant
    Pro

It works Bill, as long as you priced it correctly using comps. Im on my 3rd mailer since mid August and have 6 solid deals out of 2575 mailers sent, with calls and emails still coming in. Jack says you get the haight right away in the first week or so, then around the 3rd and 4th week you will get actual sellers calling you ready to do business. I have experienced exactly this.

Bill Halliday
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for the advice Kevin.

Yeah, it’s Coconino County, AZ so it covers both forest and desert.

I searched for 5 acre parcels in the county and there were only ~600 records returned in RealQuest.

Bill Halliday
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Aaron – I appreciate you sharing your experience.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Bill – When the record count is a little low you can search for 4.0 to 6.0 acres or 3.0 to 5.0. Depending on the county, you can easily double the number of records.

Good luck with everything.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.