LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ A Wonderful first Experience with an Automated Mailer!

• Creator
    Topic
    Walter Hrezbek
    Participant

I just wanted to share a quick success I feel like I had this past month. I took a friend’s advice and signed up for an automated pricing site called PRYCD.com. The site helped me do research, showed me comps, and set my pricing. It set my mail list and I didn’t have to spend any time pouring over the excel files. I learned how it was done, and trusted the site to do it all for me. I have never been happier! I am getting some really good deals lined up, and the pricing is so spot on that a lot of the headache of negotiation is gone! I feel like I have a ton of confidence in this business now, and I am so excited to close on some deals and start my next campaign. I would recommend anyone to try it out!

They are doing referrals too, so if you want to put my email in there it is walter.hrezbek.1@gmail.com
    We both get 100 free downloads πŸ™‚

Walt

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Laurie Phillips
    Participant

Hi Walter,

I’m happy for your success, but I’m surprised. I was a beta tester of prycd.com because I’m always open to testing new and better ways, and the data from Datatree is a limiting factor. I tested it again at launch and again a week ago and their system returns so few records that the odds are strong that you’ve missed a lot of buying opportunities. I suggest you run a search on the same county in Realquest and compare record counts. In my experience – and again, only my experience, no telling unless others chime in – the difference was striking. I suspect you will have even better results if you resend your offers using Realquest data.

I have tracked my results and can say that pinpoint pricing is the single most important part of my success so far. I would let my five-year-old hyperactive nephew take my college exams before I would let someone else’s system price my mailer. The time it takes is worth it.

I have nothing to gain by saying this. I have no attachment to Realquest, and I listened to Max Edson’s interview on RETipster’s podcast and I think he’s a super-smart guy. Since I was an early tester I too could benefit by promoting their service as you have above. But I’m not smarter than the data, and the data says the automated pricing services aren’t there yet.

If you’ve read this and think I’m a charlatan, I strongly suggest you test your experience against the way the process is taught by Land Academy.

Best,
    Laurie

Walter Hrezbek
    Participant

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for the response! Are you saying that Realquest’s data is substantially better than Datatree’s? I have read around both this forum and others and I was under the impression that they were fairly similar. I know some people have a preference of one over the other, but I assumed that was just personal opinion.

As far as the Prycd website, I have found that their system returns the same records as when I do an identical search on Datatree’s website. I have checked against numerous counties and acreages, as I (like many others) wanted to be sure it was accurate. It was spot on in every case. May I ask where you mailed using their system where you saw a gap in data?

I certainly do not think you are a charlatan! Your feedback and insight are incredibly valuable to someone like me.

Walt

Alex Caruso
    Participant

Hey all,

This topic is something I have been asking around a lot on this forum lately. See here for another discussion: https://www.landinvestors.com/forums/topic/my-experience-with-realquest-pro/
    I have been considering switching from RQ to DT and wanted people’s opinions on one versus the other. I have spoken to people that swear by one or the other. Laurie you have extreme expertise in this field, so I would love to hear your take on it!

Walt, I went ahead and purchased a subscription on prycd.com and put you as my referrer. Thank you for sharing your story! I hope I can gain the same confidence you did!

Max Edson
    Blocked

Hi Laurie,

This post was brought to my attention, so I hope you don’t mind me chiming in and saying…this is great feedback! I appreciate your honesty. The only thing I wish differently was that you reached out to me as soon as you had concerns!

At PRYCD.com, we truly pride ourselves on processing both positive and negative feedback and implementing features quickly. You’ll never hurt our feelings, we just want to know the truth so we can improve. Our system is ever evolving and people like yourself and other land investors play a big part in making PRYCD a tool everyone can use and get value from.

It sounds like your main concerns are DataTree as our data provider and our pricing methodology. Is that correct?

I’ve never used RealQuest, but I can definitely look into what they have to offer if you believe they are a better data source.

Additionally, I know you mentioned to Walter to test his experience with PRYCD against the way the process is taught by LandAcademy, and I think that is a great idea! I initially learned my land investing process through LandAcademy and think it is a fantastic program, and I still use many of their techniques today. Our goal is not to teach our members a new process, but to automate the process that they have already learned or mastered.

There are a lot of people who like to have total control of their pricing process, and we understand that. Our tool isn’t only about getting a price and running with it. We have the research, comps, metrics and models to assist you in customizing that price/location to help improve your own process. We feel like we not only add pricing ease, but acquisition efficiency.

In regards to your concerns over our pricing methodology, could you please let me know what data points you were looking at that bring you to the conclusion that automated pricing services aren’t there yet?

I know we have our differences, but Ryan and I would love to potentially talk with you offline sometime because we truly do believe we can help each other.

I want to emphasize that we are not a competing product, but a helping hand. Our goal has always been and always will be to maximize time and efficiency for all land investors.

Sincerely,
    Max

Laurie Phillips
    Participant

Hi Max,

I did reach out to you previously by email. If you kept that correspondence you will see that I brought up the same issue about the lack of records from Datatree as compared to Realquest. My comments remain the same.

As for pricing, I said nothing about your pricing methodology. I stated my preference for how I price my offers, and let me repeat myself to be clear. I would not let someone else price my mailers. I price my way, you price yours. Both may work well, but until the market has a published price per acre for every type of land and everyone uses the same price as a base, I’ll stick with my way.

There are varying opinions on how to best invest in land, and I study many of them, which is why I have experimented with your approach and listened to your interview. I will continue to do so, and I would welcome the opportunity to continue the discussion offline.

Best,
    Laurie

Walter Hrezbek
    Participant

I didn’t mean to cause quite the stir here! My apologies for sharing about my experience. I thought that was what this thread was supposed to be about and I was very excited about the mailer! My feelings have not changed, as I am closing on more deals than I have in the past. Thank you for the support @maxedson!

Walt

Maria Ditrew
    Participant

Happy for you Walter! I tried the product as well, and was pleased with what it offered. And it’s cheap enough where I can use it to supplement my tools nicely.

Gina Reshbaum
    Participant

Nicely done Walter. I also tried the product. Seemed very intriguing, and has a lot of promise for rapid growth. I was extremely impressed with the customer support though. Every question I had was answered within minutes and they were extremely helpful and honest about their intentions and goals. To be honest, it’s a breath of fresh air compared to some of the other products I have been working with. Would recommend just on that alone.

G

Austin
    Participant

I see that the status of Max Edison is “blocked” instead of “participant”. Is there a turbulent history to the story of automatic pricing within the forum?
    -Austin

Kevin Farrell

Austin – There is not a turbulent history with auto pricing. There is a policy of no solicitation on this forum. The status may only be temporary – I don’t know.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Trent Vesdalando
    Participant

Congrats Walter! That is really cool. I have tried prycd too, it seems to be growing quickly and has some really nifty features. I am glad to hear others are experiencing positive results as well!

Alex Caruso
    Participant

@Austin I saw Max was blocked too. Weird.

@Kevin I have a product that I have been using a little for my newer business that I think is pretty awesome! Should I not share it on this forum? I know there is a “Resources for Success” section, and have seen other members sharing tools and websites they use, so I am wondering what the policy is? I don’t want to be blocked!

Kevin Farrell

PM sent

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Siudad Metumkah
    Participant

Congrats Walter! I have also been using prycd for some time, very very good tool.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.