You are here:--Would anyone like to partner on a deal?
Would anyone like to partner on a deal?2018-11-11T07:59:28+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Would anyone like to partner on a deal?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Looking for a possible deal partner that has some experience with houses. 30 acre landlocked property in Pennsylvania. Access could be obtained and value increased by purchasing a fixer upper house on a small abutting lot. I’d like to buy the house and simply resell without a rehab but with the abutting 30 acres. Let me know if you’re interested and I can give some more details.

Joe Schmitt
    Participant

One option could be to market the properties to Tiny House or off-grid enthusiasts. Assuming there is residential zoning, the properties could be appealing (check about camper and/or tiny house restrictions). In addition, there should be power, well/water, and sewer/septic. This is hugely appealing to people wanting to be off grid.

Joe
    Participant

Given the terrain I think my only option is to buy the small lot with house, but the 30 landlocked acres, and then sell them as one property. The 30 acres is on a mountainside with about 2:1 slope so not good for development. The house is only listed for 15k but I have no experience with houses so I’m unsure about it.

Mike
    Participant

So the 30 acres isn’t good for much of anything but maybe hiking? What kind of margin are you looking at for the 30 acres? One thing you could do is low ball the house at say 10k, and then when you buy it, add an easement on the house lot to get to the 30 acres. Then sell the house for say 5k and be done with it.
    Now you’re 30 acre parcel would have legal access via the easement you granted on the house lot but you don’t have
    to deal with owning the house lot or trying to sell them together.

What I would suggest is low balling an offer on the house. If its that bad where its listed at 15k, chances are you can get it for 5k to 10k even. Just depends on how long the house has been vacant.

Joe
    Participant

Yeah the 30 acres is all on the side of a mountain and very steep so it’s really only good for hunting and such. I’m thinking I could double my money on it but being landlocked and on the side of a mountain makes me unsure. There are no comparable properties for sale or recently sold. Unfortunately the easement idea won’t work because the house is on a very small lot and pretty much takes up the entire width of the lot.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.