LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Why Do Land Investors Move On To Other Areas

• Creator
    Topic

Jeff Unruh
    Participant

Hello All,

I have listened to many podcasts (yes I was the one that Jack & Jill had fun with my name Jeff U).

I have noticed that a lot of people that have been in the land business for sometime end up either moving in a totally different direction in real estate or they keep the land business going and dabble in other areas of real estate. Example: I know Jack & Jill are now also getting into houses (yes they are still going strong with land). Other land investors get into apartments or house rentals, etc. My question is why?

I have thought about this and come up with a few possible reasons such as they want to do less buying and selling to make the same amount of money. Maybe it is about diversification and they feel that maybe land sales will slow down in the future and if they own other types of property that will allow them to diversify.

What are your thoughts?

Jeff Unruh

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Anwar Montgomery
    Participant
    Pro

I’d say people grow. Things change. Life Happens and circumstances change. You could come into land investing with 5k and a few years later have 500k and now the world opens up. You develop new/different relationships and opportunities arise now. People get the fundamentals down of dealing with data, sending a mailer, and pricing and then the light bulb goes off that they can use data to do other things. Some people might get bored and want new challenges. People might drop out because its more than they thought it would be or expected something different. This is similar to the common question of “why do would someone sell me their property for 5k when its worth 30k?” I think the reasons are infinite and you could probably do a longitudinal study on the different scenarios. Why do do you ask? Just out of curiosity?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

How many conversations with 500$ land buyers can you really handle? Talk about a test of patience. 5k land deals seem to get an exponentially better audience. $10k even better yet. 20k much more my speed. Bigger later on some day.

Jeff Unruh
    Participant

Thank you for the responses. In regards to why I asked is because when I see people move into different areas, I get worried that something is wrong. I am the type of person that if something is working, I will keep doing it. I understand that you can keep the land business running and try other areas.

I understand about the $500 land buyers and how much really you could handle. To me I guess I am thinking small. My world would be different (wife could quit her awful job) if I could see 60K profit (this includes the cost of the services to keep the business running).

Thank you again for the wisdom you bring to the forums.

Jeff Unruh

Milan
    Participant

How many conversations with 500$ land buyers can you really handle? Talk about a test of patience. 5k land deals seem to get an exponentially better audience. $10k even better yet. 20k much more my speed. Bigger later on some day.

Beautifully summed up.

How much do you value your time?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.