• Creator
    Topic
    Chris
    Participant

Who do you use to do an inexpensive title search?

I recently used easytitlesearch.com, and it was $55. The thing is, it’s my first time ever doing it, so I don’t know if it was “good” or not.

How are you guys doing title search and how much are you paying? It seems like most titles companies charge $150-$250 to do them which doesn’t make sense if you’re just doing some investigation.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Good question. I would like to know that too. Maybe it is in the last two DVD’s I have not watched yet so I should shut up.

I subscribed to agentpro247.com which to me seems a lot like Core Logic but way cheaper. There you can do reports to get all kinds of title history and you can pull up each document you want to see too.

Subscription is like 17$ a month for 5000 mailers with all kinds of info to know who to mail to. The reports on each property are more. Like $1.25 each. Or for a little bigger subscription you get reports and docs and lots more mailer data too.

Have been going through LandWatch.com properties useing agentpro247.com research tools. You can see the transaction history on each one is just like what these guys are talking about. Jill and Asset Holding LLC or Pilot Equity LLC are all over the place. Search their companies holdings and other properties not listed on LAndWatch come up too. Just like what they are saying.

Maybe I am skeptical and like to check third party information, it is just who I am. I can’t help it.

It is fun and it makes me more confident.

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@Luke Smith

For now I will probably continue to use easytitlesearch.com and just consider the $55 as part of the due diligence. And then just use the $5k rule – use a title company and get title insurance if it’s over $5k.

Seth Williams
    Participant
    Pro

When I’m doing my own title search, I’ll usually work with an abstractor who can pull the title history of the property and send it to me (then I review each page and make sure there is a clear chain of title with no gaps or unforeseen liens, mortgages or other restrictions).

How do you find an abstractor? I’ll usually do a google search for a title company in the area, or I’ll call the treasurer and ask if they know of any good ones I can work with (I’ve found that this approach can yield some abstractors that are WAY less expensive – in the $50 – $100 range, vs. the $150 – $300+ range, like most title companies).

lnorwood

I have found a couple ads on Fiverr for title searches and they both have pretty good reviews. Hope this helps!

https://www.fiverr.com/scottshores/do-property-searches-title-search-title-abstracter

https://www.fiverr.com/ormondroberts/assist-you-for-property-search-data-entry-clerk

Chris
    Participant
    Pro

@lnorwood Awesome! I’m going to try those out and compare the results and see how they do.

@retipster Great idea on locating an abstractor directly, sounds a lot cheaper.

Alex
    Participant

easytitlesearch.com
    fasttitlesearch.com
    fulltitlesearch.com

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hi Alex – thanks for posting those links. This question was from 2015. That was before we have all the tools that we use now. Most of us do our own title search using a combination of TitlePro247 and the county data plus other sites that are available in some regions. I have only paid for one title search in 100 deals. I rely on getting the deeds from the county if I can’t get them online. It sometimes takes a few days but there is no need to spend a lot of money.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Alex
    Participant

How do you do title search with TitlePro247?

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Alex – In TP247 you can look up individual properties by Name or by APN. Then you can view the report which has a lot of information about the property. In some counties (but not all) there are links in the report to deeds on that property. I may only have the most recent or it may have a few transactions.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.