LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Where should I look for an escrow company?

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Max Edson
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I’m about to move into larger deals that will involve escrow. My question is should I find and use an escrow company near where I will be buying/selling land or where the buyer/seller is located? Or does it even matter? My offer campaigns will potentially be targeting multiple different counties and states at the same time, so using one escrow company for everything would be easiest, however, I also know that each county can have different rules and regulations, so I want to make sure I do this the right way. Any and all information will help. Thanks!

-Max

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Max – Most title/escrow companies are licensed in one or maybe a few counties. It is hard to find one that is statewide. When I used a company in CA that covered the whole state, they still had me working with different offices depending upon the county. I am pretty sure that you will be working with different title companies in each county.

Kevin

Max Edson
    Participant

Thanks Kevin! I appreciate the insight.

John Pitkin
    Participant
    Pro

I try to use an escrow company that is near the property. This is often the most convenient and comfortable for the end buyer.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.