LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Where are you getting your phone numbers from?

• Creator
    Topic

Marcus
    Participant

For those of you using a call center, where did you get your biz number from?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Joe Martin
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

I use PatLive, I believe they gave me a handful of numbers to select from when I signed up.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

I used a toll free number provided by Answer Connect. That number can be ported if I ever want to go to another service. Make sure you ask about that if the number is supplied by the service that you choose.

Benedict Dughoff
    Participant
    Pro

Kevin,

why did you decide to use a toll free number over a “local” number? I’m evaluating the same choice at this moment.

Thanks,

Benedict

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Benedict – when I decided to use a toll free number I based that on my limited experience with the land business. By that time I had done 2 mailers and I noticed that a lot of my sellers were elderly. I thought of my Mom who is in her late 80s. I call my Mom once a week but she never calls me. Even though long distance charges are a thing of the past, she will not pick up that phone and call long distance. If my phone rings and I see that it is my Mom, I know for sure that someone has died. That is the only time she will call long distance. I know that I have sellers who are just like my Mom. They will feel better about making the call if it is a toll free number.

Benedict Dughoff
    Participant
    Pro

Kevin – that makes a lot of sense. And I wish your mom and anyone she knows a lot of good years left!

Knowing what you know now, after many more mailers, would you still do it the same way – get a toll free number? Or for certain rural areas that you do a lot of business in, have an additional local number as well?

Thanks,

Benedict

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Toll Free number. Local number means nothing to me or my customers. I buy and sell all over the US.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.