• Creator
    Topic

John Reid
    Participant

I just joined and haven’t got the DVDs in the mail yet. But how many websites do I need? Do I get a ‘buying’ site AND a separate, no connection ‘selling’ site? If so, are the sites suppose to be two different names?

thanks

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Ted Scearcy
    Participant

I just ordered mine too so I’m not sure. Sure wish they were online so I could get started right away!

John Reid
    Participant
    Pro

Yep, it would be a great idea to have downloadable ‘fast track’ checklist or version! Anyway, good luck Ted

Kyria Baker
    Participant

A fast track checklist is a great idea! I’m impatiently waiting for my package to arrive.

Joe K
    Participant

@jreid

I stuck to only making one for the sell side. I would be curious to see what others who are more establish think? @admin @luketsmith

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

I had to wait for a bit to get mine as well. They came eventually.

As for websites I am sure you could make one for each mailer if you like or even one for each offer if you want to get crazy about it. I just made the one site fits all and that is enough to keep going. Two sites is just more work when I should be getting back to people trying to do deals with me.

Joe K
    Participant

@luketsmith

I agree with you. I find it hard to imagine that many of the sellers will look up their specific property if they just wanted to get rid of it in the first place. However, if you buy from a savvy investor, that may be a different story.

I have some changes to make to my website but landambition.com is coming along nicely.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@joesk

Now that is an inspirational website!
    I like the video, I like the way you use maps and display pictures too all flows together very well to tell your story.

Just need a lot more land on there to choose from and you are going to be one busy guy.

I hope you are ready to talk owner financing.

How about a check out. You butter them up but I did not see a closing. How do you set the hook.

Guys buy in the middle of the night that if they waited until the next day they would probably not actually buy it. Don’t want to miss those sales.

Joe K
    Participant

@luketsmith

Thanks for the suggestions Luke!

Making this website taught me a lot about making websites and I am going to be implementing a checkout once I get a few deals rolling.

Also, I will need to implement a financing option during checkout. Do you have any recommendations for checkout?

Currently, I have not marketed at all. I will be soon however and I have all the pieces in place, but I need to utilize the landwatch account we have for landacademy and it’ll drive customers to my website.

Jerry Dalglish
    Participant
    Pro

@joesk

What template did you start with for that site joe? Looks superb.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

For check out I use MoonClerk pared with Stripe in the back end. I have been looking at changing over to Xero as the business grows and then pick from their multiple inventory mgt systems that also link to an online store that accepts stripe.

That would cut a lot of the accounting down as the data would flow back to my books that way instead of manually booking each transaction the way I have it set up.

I guess Xero can also pull data from Stripe and I could keep the moonclerk for now too. That might be an easier transition.

This would allow me to drop Buildium and the property style accounting I am doing now move to inventory accounting instead. Cheaper and faster for scale.

Joe K
    Participant

@luketsmith

What are you trying to use for your accounting software?

Freshbooks may work well with the land business but I am thinking about Quickbooks as that is what I use for my home business.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

I’m still using buildium. Studying Xero and seriously thinking of switching to Xero. They automate more of the data flow than Buildium does and more than Quickbooks does. That is why they are stealing market share from quickbooks.

More integrated than quickbooks. Quickbooks is following and improving too so probably no need to switch. Good for competition to push them into improving.

Aaron Sauceda
    Participant
    Pro

@joesk

That’s a great looking site, particularly the “process” video. How did you have that done? Great work!

Joe K
    Participant

@luketsmith Xero looks pretty awesome (I’m an accountant) so I can see the value in it and how easy it looks to use for those who are non-accountants. However, over time, their pricing adds up, but of course, if you’re making enough, it’s just another cost of doing business.

@aaronsauceda Thank you. There are a lot of video software programs that allow you to make these videos. Hopefully a google search will help you find what program fits your needs.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Xero looks like 30$ a month for me. Buildium is costing around $200 a month for me. I like $30 a lot better. Wish I fit into their 9$ plan but they only reconcile a handful of transactions a month for that.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.