LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** What should I be doing?

• Creator
    Topic

Tanner Hendricks
    Participant

Hey everyone,

I have finally sent out my first mailer about a week ago! Im looking for feedback on what I should be doing in this period before calls start to come in. I have been working getting my online presence up and visible, but I feel like I should be doing more? Should I be researching for my next mailer? Any tips are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Welcome and congrats! If you aren’t organized, get organized now! Are you using an answering service for the calls or are they coming directly to you? How many letters did you send out?

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Tanner – That is great to hear! I have one suggestion: Get your phone script ready and practice what you are going to say to your sellers. You will want to have something written that you can keep by the phone so that you don’t start fumbling on your first few calls.

Callback Ex: Hi This is Tanner from XYZ Lands. I sent you an offer to purchase your property.You called and left a message for me. I want to talk to you about your land. Is this <Seller Name>?

You can create another one for calling back to decline the deal, etc.

Good luck to you.

Kevin

Milan
    Participant

Good job Tanner. After I get my mail out, I start calling similar properties on Zillow na landwatch and boldly offer my price in the mailer. I try to talk to agents and owners and how they react. You can get a lot of info about the area and also feel how people react. It gives you little knowledge edge by having to possibly come up with the price if they try negotiating on your mailer offer. Or down with the price. Which ever you think is right.

Milan
    Participant

Don’t fiddle with your website. Even better don’t even have a website haha, I know it’s against land academy rules. Do the hard stuff. Get in front of people.

But in my experience when you look successful on your website, people want part of it. You become target for media, law suits and whatever. I did become that. I took my website down and I’m happily operating without it. Just my own experience.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Smart advice from Milan to call on ads in the market where you are sending out mail. +1

Kevin

Marcus
    Participant
    Pro

Milan was that a website for buying property?

Jason
    Participant
    Pro

I just sent out my first mailer about 3 1/2 weeks ago, I’ve gotten a bunch of calls but I was just in your shoes. I researched the county and their website on how to obtain information needed in making a purchase or sale. I also pulled up a bunch of APN’s and started doing research on them (randomly) just to start to get more comfortable on what I should be looking for and giving me some ideas for questions I may want to discuss. Be prepared for talking to some great individuals who you can really build a relationship with and be prepared to speak to the devil as well. For every great call I have had some hard ones including my first death threat yesterday. 🙁 Another reason to not use your home address on the mailer. As another newbie, I’m always looking for ways to grow and improve. Don’t hesitate to reach out directly to me, maybe we can help each other out.

Milan
    Participant

Marcus, that was a website for selling my properties. I had bunch of properties marked SOLD which I sold off course. And it became a target few times. Taking advantage of people, using photos I wasn’t supposed to do (I still deal with law suite here, but this was my fault off course) and few others. Yes web site is important I guess if you’re selling bunch of small dollar properties. I don’t do those anymore. And there are bunch of sites you can advertise these days that do the service for you. In my experience, operating without personal website is all good.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.