LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** What is the coolest place you owned or own land

• Creator
    Topic

Milan
    Participant

Since I really love land and never really intended to make it my bussiness, I only wanted to buy big piece of land for myself which I did and build something on it with kids. I love this topic! As an exident I made it my side hustle too. But with very lazy not very successful approach.

What is the coolest place you owned land in or still own?

I have to brag now. I just purchased old historic postcard on eBay from like 190something. And guess what’s on it. It’s my land with all the stuff that used to be on it. There is train turn table. Old trains parked. Few old buildings, beautiful views on the mountains behind it, there used to be big salon bar on it.

The land has a lot of stories to tell. Anyway, I just wanted to brag and ask you if you have anything interesting like that to share. You got to love this hobby!!! I’m sorry guys it’s your business. Not mine though. It’s a hobby for me 🙂

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Rod Hall
    Participant
    Pro

Fun topic. I have a 1 acre with a lake view and good access in the San de Christo range Southern Colorado. I am partial to it of the land I own now. But I’d sell it in a heart beat. Still its a good to sort of name drop when someone asks about my land. This is a side hustle for me too. It has been a very slow process to make it much of a business. I keep moving ahead though. I like it. Beats stocks!

Milan
    Participant

Great stuff Rod! Thank you for sharrying that.

One of the things I told myself few years ago was that I wasn’t going to do anything that I don’t enjoy in some way. Especially when you’re getting paid for it. Life is short!

That off course doesn’t mean being lazy.

Joe Martin
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

I just sent my first self-serving mailer for 20-100 acres properties that I want to use and keep for myself. Granted, I hope to pick up a few properties to sell as well. The plan is to find a place where my friends and I can take our families and teach the kids “man” skills which are apparently lacking in some kids these days. We will clear the land, fell and saw the timber into logs, and build a timber frame cabin. I’ve never been this excited about a mailer!

Milan
    Participant

I love that Joe! What a great idea! Kids will love it. It’s good for them!
    Are you located in SF Bay Area Joe? I think you are if I remember well. Can you share the counties you’re searching if it’s not a secret? I want to get inspired 🙂

I’m in SF Bay Area too. I already bought 40 acres close to Lake Tahoe. I’m keeping that one until I find something better.

That is basically what I’m doing. Looking for my perfect land and selling the rest. I’m getting closer and closer!

Milan
    Participant

I have 2 more 5 acre lands about 2.5 hrs from SF. They are great, one has 1/2 acre pond on it and another has sequoias growing on it. But I’m still not completely satisfied 🙂 I love the search. You can also call me land hoarder probably hahaha

Milan
    Participant

I really love Luke’s YouTube chanel. The guy can really talk land and its possibilities and ideas for it. I watched every single of his videos from the beginning to the land. It’s a sells pitch with a true passion for land. Keep it Luke. You’re truly bringing some fun and passion to this bussiness!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Thanks Milan, great topic. I want some for myself too. I’m looking and looking. Getting pickier the more land I deal. I think the answer is a couple properties. I am gettign hip to the A frame idea. Half the time half the cost. One man build with a winch or come along to get the A’s up. Rest is all board by board.

If I got the build down why not do a couple?

Would like someplace near a big park like the Bighorns in WY. Ride horses all over the place and do a lot of fly fishing. No people around.

Hawaii big island part time. Got a three acre by a private beach that is not selling I might just buy out the partner and use.

California horse ranch someplace too would be nice.

Maybe some Alaska coastline I can dock the boat on. Project for future mailers.

I’ll keep swinging.

Want to YouTube the build(s) and sling land the whole time. Self fulfilling prophecy right?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.