LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** What does (NEC) mean?

• Creator
    Topic
    Luke Smith

I’m testing different things in the Data2Doorstep program. When searching for vacant land I see this:
    (NEC)

What dose the (NEC) stand for?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Zach

I was wondering that same thing Luke. In one county that was all I got was Vacant Land (NEC). In that county they were all very low in market value as well. Not sure if that ties into the NEC or not. I tried googling it and only found the acronym to stand for North East Corner which doesn’t make sense. Hopefully someone here knows.

lnorwood

Maybe “not elsewhere classified”?

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Yea, Maybe it is just dumping grounds for everything else huh?

Joel S
    Participant
    Pro

@luketsmith
    @zgibbons
    @lnorwood

Google turned this up: “N.E.C. stands for ‘Not Elsewhere Classified’ or ‘North East Corner’ If talking about an industrial zone.”

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

Hi @luketsmith, just wondering do you include NEC criteria when pulling your data?

When I pulled my first set of county data, I included the NEC criteria but ended up scrubbing out the majority of these lines due to them being owned by a subdivision developer or similar. I’m too new to know if this was a chance issue with my first county data pull in Texas or if this might be a common issue in other counties and/or states?

Thanks for any feedback you or anyone might have on this.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Try searching for just NEC and play with an assessed value cut off. See if all the land is like $100 assessed values when other land in your search is 5000$ assessed values. That might tell you something about the land in that county and state too see if it’s worth bothering with or not.

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

Thanks @luketsmith I’ll give that a try.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.