Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic

Luke Smith

Been reading and studying this approach and sizing up the counties around me as well as all the ones in the neighboring states around me too. Started a spreadsheet trying to rank them before digging deeper. What would you look for to add to your ranking?

It is really amazing how user friendly some of their websites are to this approach compared to others.

One county I am eying has their taxes due updated to the hour. Name and address of the delinquent tax payer, easy to mail an offer with that kind of data.

Wondering if they are horrible in other ways like closing their transactions?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala
    @jilldewitt
    @LukeSmith

Hi Steve,

We live in Colorado Springs and there seem to be some great counties within a 3 hour drive of both CO Springs and Denver.Low entry price, fairly good tax lien sale activity, proximity to recreation activities and scenic areas.

Do you recommend starting close to home in the beginning?

Or should we immediately look outside our home state? (Such as northern Nevada and west Texas)

S. Jack Butala
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

@lake17
    @jilldewit
    @kevinrhatigan

I am working with CoreLogic today to get to the bottom of the mailer topic. Thanks for your patience.

Kevin Rhatigan
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala

Hi Steve,

How did it go with CoreLogic yesterday? Looking for direction on whether it is best to go with them.

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

@stevenbutala
    @kevinrhatigan
    @brianmc86

Hi Steve-
    Thanks so much for getting everything cleared up with RealQuest. Spoke to Teague today and it was a breeze. Hope to be up and running next week after they activate everything.

Jill DeWit
    Participant

@luketsmith

Hi Luke,

You are correct in thinking ahead of time about what criteria is important in selecting a county. We have found several important factors and have devoted a whole chapter in our program to precisely this topic:

“The Three Step Process to Identify Great Rural Markets”

We go into great detail with examples and tips to be able to evaluate every US county (and Canada) so you aren’t wasting your efforts.

Glad you are here!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

Won’t I be the best at selling what I believe in? Markets are fluid because people have different opinions. It takes a buyer and a seller to make a market. Analyzing markets like this sounds like we should look for volume, spread and simplicity.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

After trying this I see a lot more of what Steve has been saying making a lot of sense. Let me add to the list of attributes above quality of data. To make the best offer possible fresh tax due data is a must.

Sure makes it a lot easier to target the best slice of delinquent land owners with fresh data.

Jill DeWit
    Participant

You hit the nail on the head Luke! Super important to get the right “up to date” data! I and sure hope you believe in your product no matter what you are selling!

Great comments! Jill

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.