LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Waiting for the quiet . . .

• Creator
    Topic
    Kevin Farrell

Hello all – I am posting this for the benefit of some of the newer members and visitors to this forum. After going through several mail campaigns I have notice a pattern in the seller calls. We have heard J&J talk about the first few callers are angry, the next ones are curious, then the sellers call. I have seen this trend but I wanted to add one more thing that I have seen several times.

When the first calls come in for a new mailer I get a few the first day or two. Then I start getting around 10 a day for a few days up to a week. And then, the phone goes quiet. And maybe I didn’t get any deals with that first bunch of callers because I am being picky. The next calls come in once every few days. These are usually my best sellers. They call to say “We accept your offer. What do we do now?”

Wait for the quiet. It’s a good thing.

Kevin

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Joe McLain
    Participant

Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Jason L.
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

I am in the middle of that now. Mailer hit last friday. All hate for 3 days and them I got a jem. More hate then silence today. No offers in the mail, I am waiting on that now.

Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

@rotortech thanks for sharing this experience for the group.

Joe Martin
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

Thank you for sharing, Kevin. I’m hoping the progression holds true in my case. Two weeks ago, I only received haight. Last week, a few called out of curiosity. It’s gone quiet over the past few days, hopefully someone will be motivated next week.

Milan
    Participant

Joe, don’t rely on hope. You won’t get far with that approach. You want to be in a position of strength. You won’t last long in this business with hope.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Hey Joe – Let us know how you do in a week or so.

Kevin

JT Taylor
    Participant
    Pro

Our experience is somewhat similar…but there are exceptions. On our latest mailer the first call was a deal. On others, no deals at all until 5 – 7 weeks after the initial calls. But the general pattern is usually “take me off your list” to “you’re an idiot if you think you can buy land in THIS county for THAT price” calls…then curious…then deals.

Also, not every county has the same results. Some great, some good, some poor…but always at least 1 deal for every mailing so far, which more than breaks even for us.

Best of luck all of you!

JT Taylor

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.