LandInvestors.com Forums +Resources for Success+ UPS Store as a Notary

• Creator
    Topic
    Chip Fernandez
    Participant

Hi All,

I recently bought from a seller in CA. Instead of hiring a mobile notary, I just emailed my documents to the seller’s local UPS Store. UPS Store printed the documents, notarized the signatures , then dropped it all in an overnight envelope to send back to me in Florida. I was able to pay for the service over the phone. Once handled, I paid the seller via Zelle pay. This worked out too easy this time. Educate me if there is something I missed or potential pitfalls for using this method for remote closings.

Thanks in advance!

Chip

Chip Fernandez
    President of Acquisitions
    LotandLandSale.com
    (929) 900 – LAND
    chip@lotandlandsale.com

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Chip – Nice way to do business. Some sellers will not sign unless they know they will get paid on the spot. That is what I have my notaries do -> Hand then the envelope with a check right after they sign the deed. What you are doing will work most of the time. Just explain to the seller that “this is our process . . .” and talk them through it step by step. There is the potential that the UPS store can totally botch these documents. A notary will know what he/she is looking at most of the time and will call you if something doesn’t look right. (like a missing signature page, etc).

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.