Looking for insight from the experienced…
I just re-watched the DVD on selecting your first property ‘hoping’ I missed specific parameters/guidelines in selecting a county.
I feel a little lost and lack the confidence with the information I gleamed from the section to move forward, in all honesty.
1. Google earth… 1-2 hours outside metropolitan area with low population density. I got that.
2. Tax Sale…. no guidelines given. I am not exactly sure what I’m looking for. Are we just checking that the county has SOME parcels? Do we want less than 200 parcels or more than? Is 3000 too many or is that desirable? Is there a such thing as too many parcels for counties that pass #1? I felt Steve was making decisions in his head about the data. What are we looking for here? What gives a GREEN light and what is a RED light?
3. Landwatch,ebay…. How cheap and how many do we want? I believe he said we want to find counties with other 5 acre, $2-$5k properties for sale. Are we just wanting to make sure there are some comps present and pricing isn’t out of whack? What if 5 acres in a great county was $20K (wouldn’t we just adjust our price to $5K for 5 acres?)
I was hoping for a little more of a spreadsheet formula in this section.
George in Dallas
- This topic was modified 52 years ago by .
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.