LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Thoughts on Mailer Pricing

• Creator
    Topic
    Frank Malvagna
    Participant

Before this recent spiral in the economy, I had a mailer ready with about 2500 offers going out to a 3 different counties. I was originally going to send them all out at the same time and had my pricing set at 25% retail. However, last week I sent out to only 2 of the 3 counties, which was about 1200 offers and adjusted my offers to 18% retail. I’ve noticed it takes 10 days to 2 weeks before the phone starts ringing and I really want to send offers to the 3rd county to keep my pipeline full. Given the circumstances I’m not sure if I should either:

1. Wait to see what results I get,
    2. keep my pricing at 25% for the 3rd county
    3. or adjust it also to 18%.

Looking to see what others are doing and experiencing with regards to mailers and pricing right now.

Thanks!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Brandon Wong
    Participant
    Pro

Well, on the thursday calls I asked this same question, but I already sent them out. Jack and jill, said that you should tell them that you will take a look, maybe a day or two, to make them think that you really thought this over. But then offer a lower price because of the economy and they will probably sell, just because they were already looking to selling because they called you back. If you want the word for word answer I think it was around min 30-40 that they answered

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Frank – even without a national crisis I will often find something wrong with the property and use that as a reason to reduce my offer. Examples “It is too far from the highway.” “1/2 of the property is in a flood zone.” “It needs to be cleared.” etc. People usually accept the lower offer when they are ready to sell. The key thing is that they are “Ready to Sell”. That is what makes the deal possible.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Frank Malvagna
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Brandon and Kevin. So you think my offers at 18% were still too high? I was wondering if I should have kept them at 25% and not reduced them to 18. Mainly because this is only our second mailer and our first mailer did not turn out as I had hoped when we priced those at 20%.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.