• Creator
    Topic

Kathleen DeNault-Ridge
    Participant

I know this has come up in the past, however: i would like to get a sense as to how folks are handling the issue.
    I am trying to select a county in which to get started by using the 3 criteria described in the program. I just keep finding that so many counties have absolutely no (or very few…single digit numbers) tax sales listed. It seems that the counties with higher numbers of tax sales are and have been very popular with land investors already (as seen on Landwatch and Ebay).
    So, how heavily should the tax sale criteria be considered when selecting a county? Have others worked counties successfully with little or no tax sales as indicated on taxsalelist.com? I just really want to get started but don’t want to waste mailers in counties that just aren’t going to produce.
    Maybe I’m over-analyzing…..
    Thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Michel
    Participant
    Pro

@Kathleen DeNault-Ridge

I live in Florida which is a dual Tax certificate and deed state. Personally, I did not find Taxsaleslist worth the 6 month 29.00/month contract they lock you into. I just cancelled mine. So my question is are you trying to find properties that have back taxes? If you are working on mailers and used back taxes as a criteria you will get a lot of hits, but the probl;em with those is that some people are so behind you’ll pay more than if you send mailers to people without back taxes. I have been buying Tax Deeds on auction.

Kathleen DeNault-Ridge
    Participant
    Pro

I’m not targeting back tax properties specifically. It was just one of the criteria that Steven indicated in the program when trying to select a county. It just seems that the counties with higher numbers of back taxes on taxsalelists already have a really strong presence of investors. I understand the reasoning behind this criteria, but, in practice, it seems to limit the number of potential counties within which to send mailers. Is my concern over the presence of other land investors in those counties (with higher numbers of back taxes) just simply over-reacting…scarcity versus abundance mentality? But, how many investors can successfully work one county at the same time (this is a rhetorical question)?
    Just tell me if I’m getting stuck on something trivial…

Joel S
    Participant
    Pro

@gougou2016
    @kdenaultrdg

taxsalelists is free, you do not need to spend anything for the analysis that Steve teaches in the program.
    http://successplant.com/forums/topic/taxsaleslists-com-not-free-anymore-so/
    http://www.taxsalelists.com/newuser.html

Michel
    Participant
    Pro

@Joel S
    @kdenaultrdg

Joel,

I clicked on your link and registered as a free member. Initially when I went to this site prior to Land Academy I registered as a paid membership which includes training videos on Tax certificates and deeds, and you get I believe 25 free lists per month. Now one thing i said in my previous post and still stand by my previous post about the data they provide. At least for Florida their data is weak. There are Tax Deed sales every Tuesday in Lee county and non of them show on their list for Feb. This was something I complained to them about. I can’t speak for the other states or lists because i currently only work in Fla.The paid membership also gives you 25 free lists a month. Does the free membership give you the list for free? I found it easier(Florida) to just go on the deed site for the county and look at the calendar. There you have the GIS map etc. and you can toggle between all the counties in Fla once registered on on county site. It is administered by Real Auctions.

Joel S
    Participant
    Pro

@gougou2016

I don’t think they give you as good a list as the paid service but they give you enough to do the analysis Steve suggests. I’m about to nail down my counties over the weekend and jump into Data2Doorstep, so I will see how useful there lists are or are not.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.