LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ Success Story Using Craigslist "Feeler" listing

• Creator
    Topic

Shaun Stevens
    Participant

Just wanted to share a quick success story with everyone. I sent a mailer to a county and got nothing but extreme hate. I did under priced it a bit. I finally got someone willing to sell but they wanted $6000 more than I was offering. I asked if he was willing to do an option, he said no. He would only sell for the price he was asking. I thought I could make some decent money even at his price so I posted what I call a “feeler” add on Craigslist with vague pics and maps of area before purchasing. When people called about my feeler listing I told them it was no longer available but that I had a property that I’d be selling soon that was an even better deal. After getting the contact info for 8 very interested buyers at my price per/acre I went ahead and purchased the property for $17,300. I then sent the property details to the 8 contacts telling them I would be listing online soon but they had first crack. Within 24 hours I accepted an offer for $27,100. I owned the property for 16 days before we finally closed the deal. I didn’t double my money but I’ll take a quick $9,800 profit for a $17,300 purchase any day. I think I’ll be using the “feeler” Craigslist adds a lot more now.
    Thanks Jack and Jill!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Shammgod
    Participant

Awesome, congrats Shaun!

Robert Johnson
    Participant
    Pro

Great News Shaun.

Jason Cochard
    Pro

Great tactic Shaun, thanks for sharing!

Chaz Albrecht
    Participant
    Pro

Sweet man! I’ve been thinking about doing this for the last two weeks now. Gonna start utilizing craigslist more often now. Thanks for sharing.

Peter Toth
    Participant
    Pro

Great job ! Did you post it to just one location on craigslist or did you take a shotgun approach and post to many cities around the target property?

Also, did you just have calls going to voicemail or did you have them go to a website first?

Thank you in advance and thank you again for sharing.

Joe Snustad
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks for sharing Shaun, nice work!!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.