LandInvestors.com Forums +Success Stories+ Success Story + Awesome Resources!

• Creator
    Topic

lnorwood

Hi All –
    Thought I would share my recent success. I just completed the purchase of a 7.6 acre property in Colorado. Seller was willing to accept $100 for this property, but I would be responsible for the $627 in back taxes, which I will pay this week. So, all in at $727! I expect it to sell for $3500-4000.

The cool thing is I got the deed back from the seller yesterday, and I have it back, recorded and stamped, as of today at 1:59pm CT, through the wonders of e-recording. I used a service called ppdocs.com, which is awesome. The extra cost was about $10 plus the recording fees. I believe it came up to about $26 total.

For anyone interested, I also have accounts with goepn.com and am in the process of getting one set up with erecording.com. Between the 3, I have coverage on all except 1 county I am working in.

Hope this helps, folks!!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Troy
    Participant

Congratulations, that is a great deal. Thanks for the information on resource tools for recording documents.

Troy

Mike O’Meara
    Participant
    Pro

That is some good info. Will be looking into those sites. Thanks and congratulations!

Chris
    Participant

Great job on the deal! And thanks for the E-recording resources. Those will come in handy.

NY Steve
    Participant
    Pro

Here’s another e-recording resource to add to the mix. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, however.

https://www.deeds.com/erecording/

S. Jack Butala
    Participant
    ProAdvancedStaffPrincipal

I love when you guys steal my thunder. I was planning on discussing this on the next call. Excellent work. SB…

@lnorwood
    @steve67

Claire
    Participant
    Pro

This is great info, thanks! I’ve been waiting over 4 weeks and one of my deals fell through because the county took so long. I’m excited to learn more about this.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

So there is a lot to read on their sites. How do I know where to start? What counties do they cover? How much do they charge?

Is this for after I get a deed notarized? Then I send it through them to get it recorded and it is faster than mailing it up and waiting for it to get mailed back?

Congrats on the good looking buy, I would hold off on paying the taxes until it is actually sold. The less money you have into this one the less risk you have into it too. Unless it is about to be taken back by the county.

lnorwood

@luketsmith

So, here’s the scoop –

erecording.com – $200 one-time setup fee, $5 per doc package sent. No charge for rejected packages. They have most CA counties available. Intuitive platform – you have the ability to lighten, darken, and remove some of the imperfections.
    Available Counties
    Jessica Seymour
    Regional Sales Manager
    CSC E-Recording Solutions
    Phone 302-636-5401 x 63135
    jessica.seymour@cscglobal.com

ppdocs.com – No annual fee. $10 per doc package sent. No charge for rejected packages. Basic interface, no frills. Just upload and send, but it works. I simply went to their website and registered.
    Scroll down the page for a list of counties – Available Counties

goepn.com – No annual fee. $3.50 per doc package sent. Also has an intuitive platform with editing capabilities.
    Available Counties
    Ben Sherman
    National Business Development Manager
    Direct: 608-616-2314
    ben@GOePN.com

Hope this helps!

lnorwood

@steve67

Hi Steve –
    I tried deeds.com with no luck. I uploaded a doc over and over again and it never showed up in the file. Hoping they would assist, I emailed their help desk, but never received a response so I assumed it was no longer supported. This was about 2 weeks ago. Maybe you’ll have better luck?

Lauren

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@lnorwood
    Those fees sound better than sending priority mail.

I’m thinking about this one deed I sent up that got rejected. It got a quarter sized hole in it. The envelope and everything including my check got the same hole punched right through it. Thinking if I print up a new one and put it behind this one then scan it nobody can tell. The hole goes right through the grantee wording and missed everything else.

How do you pay the recording fees?

What do you get back as a recored deed? The electronic version? How about when you sell to someone. Can you get a paper version kicked out or do I print one up and send it to them?

Thanks

lnorwood

@luketsmith

The recording fees plus their “convenience fee” is ACH drafted from my checking account. I get a electronic copy back with the recorders stamp on it.

When I sold a property I just sent the electronic copy to the buyer and had no complaints. Hopefully that helps!

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

@lnorwood

You sure got my interest. Think the added speed might help increase my compounding of doing more deals.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

I’m eying up the goepn.com. They don’t have as many counties in their count. They do say they will have all of CA counties in March.CSCGlobal does not have the county I am working now. ppdocs does. goenp has the ones I am looking for and I see some weird ones in there I want to mail offers to. They are cheap and best of all they say if you want a county not on the list let us know and we will go to work on it.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

So i’m playing with ppdocs.com and figured I would take some notes. I’m testing San Diego County CA, I live there am not mailing offers there yet. The other counties in CA they offer can be counted on one hand and none of them are where I have done any deals yet.

This is the county requirements
    county requirements

This is what I found poking around:
    Bad Programming
    Looks like I could set the billing to anyone else using this system or county or something. Who are these people? What am I not on the list yet? Hopefully others don’t bill me for their deals. This is just bad programming.

This is all the stuff you could enter for the county recorder if you wanted to.
    data fields
    At first I was thinking Address o great for vacant land give me a break. Turns out it is optional. The only thing required is the date and the legal description.

Still thinking the legal description is awful to type out and wish I could put a JPG in there of the old one so I don’t have to type it out. My spelling is awful I am sure I will mess it up. SE vs SW or 1/2 vs 1/4 or some little detail in a sea of details.

In reality it does not matter because they don’t do the counties I have deals in anyway.

On to research the other two.

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

goepn.com I emailed a bunch of questions. Will see if they get back to me. I might call them tomorrow at a decent hour if I get a chance.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.