LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Still worth getting involved?

• Creator
    Topic

Sam Gottsegen
    Participant

Hello All,

Im curious what people think about land investing in 2019. I have not purchased a course, but have done about two weeks of research on my own and think I am ready to get started. However, one thing that has been daunting me: The bulk of the information published is several years old. Since then, Im assuming hundreds of other investors have entered the mix. Looking at the numbers just advertised on LA (185,750 offers mailed, and 283 properties purchased = is roughly a .1% success rate). Has the low barrier to entry created too much competition or overfished the pond?

Let me know your thoughts!

Thank you!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Alex
    Participant
    Pro

It depends. If you mail counties that zillions of people mail to, you may be disappointed with either the hit rate, or numbers involved. Ask yourself the same question about other real estate investors. Why do tons of people buy and sell/hold houses all over the country? Theres enough for everyone but it takes a little trial an error. Buy the Land Academy course and become a member. It’s worth it

Luke Smith
    ProAdvanced

I’m still getting deal flow off mailers.

Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Those numbers you just quoted include lower response type investments that Steve and Jill do such as homes, large ranches, and infill lots. As Luke said – still getting deals from mailed offers.

Kevin
    www.FarrSyght.com Deal/Data Review

Chuck Lidtka
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

A bit of humble advise. You must have an “Abundance” mentality vs a “Scarcity” mentality to be fully successful in this business. Don’t let that question create a barrier to your fruitfulness, it will only limit you. I had that same question in the beginning also but soon found out that it only became a road block to moving forward. There will always be plenty of deals for everyone.

Seller’s situations change over time where they need to sell and if there is some “competition” in a certain county or area, the other land dealers may have simply “warmed them up” for your offer letter. But far more than not, yours will be the only offer they’ve received, especially for the same acreage size and price range. There are about 3,142 counties in the US with more than 150 million properties out there. Plenty! Also as Zig Ziglar once said “There’s always room at the Top! Make a plan and move forward. Think “Abundance” and Go For It!

Matt Rogers
    Participant
    ProAdvanced

#1 reason there will always be people willing to sell their land?: Yearly Tax Bills

Everyone in this group has received many calls from sellers sick of paying their tax bill on land they’re probably never going to do anything with. They want out. Send out mail, price them properly & deals will come back.

Sam Gottsegen
    Participant

Thank you to everyone in this thread! I appreciate the input and the insight here, and am looking forward to getting started myself (shortly).

Alex
    Participant
    Pro

Thats awesome advice @cklid1 . I think it’s important that people frame their mindset in a way that attracts abundance in all areas of their lives. Just in terms of money, there is an unfathomable amount of dollars (not even including Euros, Francs, Yen, Yuan, etc…) floating around the economy and endless wealth building potential for EVERYONE. This isn’t, nor is any economy, a zero sum endgame like certain moron politicans sell people on. The opportunities keep arising in all markets and value keeps getting generated. It’s a critical component for people to understand and I think it should be shared more often

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.