LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Some encouragement for you new guys

• Creator
    Topic

Kyle Bryant
    Participant

Hi everyone, I wanted to post a little good news to keep you motivated if you’re in a slump. I sent a mailer in mid-July, with only mediocre results to start out with. But the quality of the leads have been improving over time. I got a phone call today from a guy who is trying to sell his late father’s properties. He got our offer in the mail and immediately accepted it. He had no idea what his dad’s 10 acres were worth, but he loved the fact that he could get cash quickly. Sold! Then he mentioned that his father also owned several parcels in New Mexico, but he couldn’t remember where. He didn’t want the land, and he would basically accept anything as long as he could close fast and easy. He was so thrilled to get a letter from us instead of having to find a realtor halfway across the country, pay closing costs and commissions, etc. It’s a good feeling. Keep at it!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Nick Davis
    Participant
    Pro

Thanks Kyle! That is encouraging. I’m still hunting that elusive first deal. Congrats on such a great find.

How many mailers did you send out?

Brian Leppard
    Participant
    Pro

That’s definitely encouraging Kyle. I just got my mailbox setup and approved yesterday, will send out mail this weekend.

THis is the kind of stuff I need to hear to keep me pushing forward!

Thanks!

Brian

Kyle Bryant
    Participant
    Pro

Nick – I sent out 1500 pieces of mail to two different counties. It was my first mailer. At first I got a lot of negative responses, but as time has passed, I’ve probably received 6 or 7 offers back in the mail. Of those, I will have closed on 3 once I get funding situated. I might go back and get a 4th, because that seller had two contiguous parcels but wanted a higher price than my mail offer.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.