You are here:--SHOULD I MAIL TO THIS COUNTY OR NOT?!!
SHOULD I MAIL TO THIS COUNTY OR NOT?!!2018-10-16T08:37:03+00:00

LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** SHOULD I MAIL TO THIS COUNTY OR NOT?!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I’ve been thinking about mailing to a very rural county, but there’s literally NO DATA. There are a couple big acre (300-400 acre) properties listed on Realtor, Land Watch, Land and Farm etc, but no properties with sizes in my price range…frankly, I can’t even determine what sizes are in my price range because of the lack of data. I can’t determine who to mail to and at what price.

On the other hand, the area has good Attributes, is modestly scenic, and has literally no competition from what I can tell.

Should I take a stab in the dark?

bwaldon4
    Participant

Go for it. However, if you are tight on funds, I would only do counties that are known to produce.

Clee
    Participant

how do you determine which counties produce?

bwaldon4
    Participant

Counties with thousands and thousands of rural parcels.

Luke Smith

The beauty of this business that you get to set the price. I get calls from assessors asking what the price is and I thought they were the sources.

what price would you be happy to buy at? Name it in an offer and see what happens. Look at the neighboring counties too or hell look at the whole state and price off of that I have done that too. I want the cheapest whatever in the state. Ask for it and you may get it or many of them too.

Ellis
    Participant

Luke,

This is exactly what I thought after initially starting this thread. By the way, I indeed mailed to this county. I’ll post results to this thread.

bwaldon4,

I appreciate the reply. You bring up an interesting point about counties that “produce.” I noticed this particular county did NOT have many parcels in the “size range” I mailed to. Mainly very large parcels out of my price range….Oh well..we’ll see what happens.

Thanks guys.

Luke Smith

its really weird to see how many parcels are in what counties. I’ve noticed that in some of the counties that have lots and lots of parcels its easier to split stuff up or there are some crazy big subdivisions that account for like 80% of the records. They should be priced differently than the rest in most cases. The last couple mailers I went page and book pricing or just page pricing out of the APN’s.

Ellis
    Participant

@Luke Smith

hmmm…that’s interesting. I’ve done something similar before recently. Not necessarily as deep as APN schemes though (maybe I should have…lol). I just selected a subdivision via map area tool and mailed to select sizes.

I’ve actually seen some of your videos. Your analysis gets pretty detailed. I can appreciate that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.