You are here:--Separate Websites or Combined?
Separate Websites or Combined? 2017-09-12T07:13:48+00:00
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #11828 |

I’m wondering what others’ experiences have been with using only one website to buy/sell vs. separate ones. I notice that at least a few LA members have combined websites and I’m curious if ya’ll started off that way. I thought it was logical to set up two different ones at first so as to avoid sellers knowing how much of an avaricious A-hole my inner untherapized child can be when pricing acquisitions for sale. More importantly though, I thought it might add unnecessary leverage to the potential seller for negotiating price (If they see you have a similar property for sale in the same county for instance, it might give them more gumption to bargain you up). But I’m finding that two separate websites, business names, phone numbers, etc. is a bit ridiculous for a simpleton such as myself to keep up with, not to mention the cost of maintenance (rather spend it on advertising for selling). I’m certainly willing to keep two going but in the interest of minimalism thought it might be worth asking the group’s opinion. It would be great to hear if anyone started off with two and then dropped one–has your negotiating with potential sellers gotten more difficult/expensive?

Thanks,

Merritt

Kevin Farrell
    Participant

One website here. No problems. Keep everything as simple as possible. Good luck.

Shammgod
    Participant

I was on the fence but leaning towards 2 for the reasons you mentioned(just about to start listing inventory).

Profile photo of Darald (@AggieLand)Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

Would other members mind sharing their url’s so we can have some examples of the single Vs dual websites that people are using?

Dan Cramer
    Participant

Hawthornland.com

Profile photo of Darald (@AggieLand)Darald (@AggieLand)
    Participant

@danc5300 Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.