LandInvestors.com Forums $10K a Month for Life; Cash Flow From Land Chapter 6 – Cash Flow From Land Seller Asked, “We own full mineral rights. Can you sweeten the deal?”

• Creator
    Topic
    Aroldo Villarreal
    Participant

Seller asked if I’d increase my offer if they included the mineral rights in the sale. I asked if they had any existing leases or anything like that for the minerals (did I even ask that right? Haha, I’m watching a video right now to better understand: VIDEO HERE )

My question is, do we even care if the land comes with mineral ownership? Do we increase/decrease offer accordingly?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell

Aroldo – normally we just buy and sell surface rights. I think it was smart to ask if there is lease income with that land. That would obviously make it more valuable. People who are selling 5 acres in the middle of nowhere and with no other producing wells for many miles are just dreaming if they think the mineral rights add value. I have adjusted offers in some counties in TX and OK where the gas and oil wells are sprinkled all over the county. Seems like a much higher chance of exploring and finding oil in an area like that. I might offer 20% more but only if I think I can sell it for more money.

That is my limited experience.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 60 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.