LandInvestors.com Forums **Ask A Question** Self closing in AZ- Daughter sign for deceased mother

• Creator
    Topic
    Jason Wollbrink
    Participant

Hi guys,
    So I have done several self closings, and recently closed a cheap desert property in AZ. After selling me the property in her name, the customer tells me she has a deed in her deceased mothers name right next to it, and she has the mother’s will saying she is executor. I told her I would look into how to write up this deed. This property is a 200 dollar deal so no budget for title company/attorney. There is only one other person on the will, a sister who has signed a letter of authority to sell to me.

Could I simply write up the deed and have her sign as executor? Or possible a have bother sisters quit their claim?
    Anyone had a similar situation in AZ? If it’s too much trouble I will move on, but I hate to leave money on the table..

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • Kevin Farrell
    ProAdvanced

Jason – nope, nope, nope. The property should have been deeded to the daughter when probate was done after death. Now, the only way to get this done is to open probate and transfer ownership from the deceased to the daughter. In some states an individual can file the probate paperwork on their own without an attorney. Just walk away. Always make sure that you are purchasing from the legal owner whose name is on the vesting deed.

Kevin Farrell - Moderator
    Need more help?
    Schedule a 30 minute call - https://calendly.com/kevin-629

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.